IGNORED

Undercooked?

With the new season 5 days away am I the only one thinking that we may well be a little short in the pre season friendly stakes. Since the last game in Portugal on the 25/7 ? We have played Yeovil on Thursday, is one game in almost a fortnight realy enough for a pre season build up.

Added to this the small squad size I am starting to get a tad twitchy!

The starting 11 ought to be well prepared, and if they avoid any injuries or suspensions for 46 games we should have a decent season. I just read swindle played liverpool at the county ground today, would have been nice if we could have done the stadium trial with a game like that!?

The starting 11 ought to be well prepared, and if they avoid any injuries or suspensions for 46 games we should have a decent season. I just read swindle played liverpool at the county ground today, would have been nice if we could have done the stadium trial with a game like that!?

Can see us having a big home friendly next pre season to mark the ground being completed and opened in full

Can see us having a big home friendly next pre season to mark the ground being completed and opened in full

Surely our first game in the premier league will do that!

Nothing to read into this other than we have had a couple of run outs against teams away from home.

If these guys don't know each other's game by now they never will.

The science guys will know exactly where the guys are fitness wise and so far as we are aware the only short term injury doubt is Waggy, so it's pretty much the side that put 8 past Walsall in our last competitive game.

Yes the bench is currently a bit threadbare, but when did Cotts rely on the bench? It's the guys on the pitch that count.

I'd like to think that our boys gave played two or three 90 minutes. Is advantageous. A lot of players at a lot of clubs won't have played a full 90 all ore-season, just 45s, 60s and 70s.

Going in the final third of a game will be unknown territory fitness wise.

With the new season 5 days away am I the only one thinking that we may well be a little short in the pre season friendly stakes. Since the last game in Portugal on the 25/7 ? We have played Yeovil on Thursday, is one game in almost a fortnight realy enough for a pre season build up.

I remember the same being said last season, what with the Botswana tour taking up most of the Pre Season.

I was twitchy on August 2nd now I'm bloody worried, what's going on!

Perhaps we were under cooked?

I don't think it's a case of undercooked buddy, I think it's overworked.

From the friendlies we played, there was very little rotation due to squad size.  Also, I believe there was a LOT of running, even though the players were all fit.  I think the combination of too much fitness work and too little rotation means a few of ours are already slightly jaded.

Archived