IGNORED

"he's Good On Football Manager, Let's Sign Him"

EmersonsRed

If I remember rightly, there used to be someone that posted on here who was the kind of official FM player stats person for BCFC.

So whilst the database is vast and probably fairly accurate, i.e quick, good in the air, intelligence etc, it is only based on 1 persons perspective per club. I mean how you rate somebody as 15 for tackling and somebody else 16, i've no idea what they benchmark their scoring on.

Could be wrong and the system may have changed over the years, but i'm sure that's how it used to work.

If I remember rightly, there used to be someone that posted on here who was the kind of official FM player stats person for BCFC.

So whilst the database is vast and probably fairly accurate, i.e quick, good in the air, intelligence etc, it is only based on 1 persons perspective per club. I mean how you rate somebody as 15 for tackling and somebody else 16, i've no idea what they benchmark their scoring on.

Could be wrong and the system may have changed over the years, but i'm sure that's how it used to work.

Still works this way, same with FIFA stats.

Lots of clubs use it for scouting and staticiscal analysis the database is vast, I know it's an over used joke on here but some parts of it has merit.

Especially if you got a smaller budget someone else has done the ground work for free! Then it's up to the club to do its due diligence after!!

There's even a kid in the Azerbaijan???? Who's only experience was football manager so he applied to a club and got the job preferred over a former French international striker!

As long as a club doesn't rely on it entirely it can be effective!!

Lots of clubs use it for scouting and staticiscal analysis the database is vast, I know it's an over used joke on here but some parts of it has merit.

Especially if you got a smaller budget someone else has done the ground work for free! Then it's up to the club to do its due diligence after!!

There's even a kid in the Azerbaijan???? Who's only experience was football manager so he applied to a club and got the job preferred over a former French international striker!

As long as a club doesn't rely on it entirely it can be effective!!

pretty sure that guy in Azerbaijan won the club a trophy too, in real life and on the game

This bloke had way to much time on his hands!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/3fioa1/the_millenial_sim_is_here_1000_years_of_simming/

Just noticed someone posted else where!!!

Reading that just made me feel like a City fan watching Soccer Saturday - every other pissing club in the country seemingly getting a mention, but not us :laugh:

There was a very good Documentary about Football Manager, if you have the time to watch it Google it, It's called ' An Alternative Reality: The Football Manager Documentary' They talk about teams actually approaching them to actually help them with the scouting programs they have, it's essentially the Scouting Program used in Football Manager but used a lot more effectively and more realistic, however the game is very realistic.

The database is immense and in my opinion, it is fairly accurate. I have scouted players that I have never heard of and within a year or two, they have been signed by AC or Barca. Seems weird to say and I'm not advocating the use of a video game but it's seems the scouts (I.e. The fans assigned to the job) do a pretty decent job of judging players

Its not just 1 person that decides the stats - yes each English team has 1 expert but the stats are studied and questioned and queried a lot before release of the game by the staff at SI and also other researchers.

Obviously there is a risk of some not quite objective views getting through (see Cherno Samba, Serge Makofo) and even some players that dont actually exist (google To Madiera) but in the most cases its a view of a few people.

If Sproule had the technique, he would be at Real madrid 20 acc 20 pace

Same with ummmm who was it we had, black player quick, forward, not Maynard, begins with C or S, ummm shit, was fast too, I think they even had a race to see who was best and Ivan won

Young lad, signed from Ipswich and left to Barnsley. Can't remember his name!!

That's not entirely correct. They do ask someone to be the representative from each club, but they aren't allowed to actually pick the attributes themselves. It's more of a 'X player has improved considerably this year' ... 'Y has declined, or can play RB when he couldn't last year' or similar. It's not like some random City fan is saying 'Well, Wilbs scored 20 goals, so give him finishing 16' - more to it than that.

Archived