IGNORED

Deadline Day

Aipearcey

This whole window has been an anti climax. We are not willing to pay over the odds so what's makes you think we'll be involved in desperate last minute deals?

Simples, we have buggered up having been in the strongest possible position to sign players. If we can't get decent ones in now, we have no hope.

This whole window has been an anti climax. We are not willing to pay over the odds so what's makes you think we'll be involved in desperate last minute deals?

Simples, we have buggered up having been in the strongest possible position to sign players. If we can't get decent ones in now, we have no hope.

Anti climax yes, and, when you consider we had league 1 sewn up so early, we should've been recruiting before the end of the season. That position of advantage has been thrown away in my opinion.

With regard to deadline day and our customary lack of activity, well it's a domino effect. It only needs a big deal done somewhere else which frees up funds, players need to be moved on to free up wage space etc so something could happen... I've been disappointed like everyone else and it's hard to keep the faith in terms of the recruitment side, but I think largely by holding our nerve we've done the right thing, but only time will tell...

there's no doubt these issues are 100% the result of parachute payments which allow the likes of QPR to outbid just about everyone else. I even heard that Wigan have a championship budget this season due to their payments. I've no proof of that but that's what I was told by one of their fans.

I sincerely hope a huge deal gets done and that domino effect trickles down to us where we can get one or two players at reasonable prices....

Archived