IGNORED

Wilbs Is Captain

BRISTOL86

Didn't see that coming. Thought his starts would be pretty limited this year.

Really? Most senior player... stand in captain last year when wade wasn't playing. Being captain isn't just about playing 90 minutes every week. its about being the leader, a good example and a model pro of the group 24/7.

Really? Most senior player... stand in captain last year when wade wasn't playing. Being captain isn't just about playing 90 minutes every week. its about being the leader, a good example and a model pro of the group 24/7.

Yeah I didn't mean any disrespect to Wilbs, I would just always want my captain to be one of the first names on the team sheet and I thought with Kodjia arriving, Wilbs might be third choice striker this season.

Yeah I didn't mean any disrespect to Wilbs, I would just always want my captain to be one of the first names on the team sheet and I thought with Kodjia arriving, Wilbs might be third choice striker this season.

See what you mean.  It does say SC expects him to play virtually every game.

But then, who else for captain?

Good choice and no surprise at all.

Wilbs. looks fighting fit and is far from finished.

He was never going to be the bit time player this season that some posters assumed.

Korey the right choice as occasional deputy too; Flint will Captain the club one imo. day but needs to concentrate on his own game 100% in his first Championship season.

He'll be cajoling his team mates along constantly anyway.

Personally think Korey Smith is a fantastic VC, felt he raised his game whenever had the armband last season - becomes a lot more vocal on the pitch too.

Unpopular opinion coming up - Flint, as much as we all love him, doesn't need the captain's armband. He's a leader as it is, vocal on the pitch, respected by players & fans alike, think Cotts has made a good call

Personally think Korey Smith is a fantastic VC, felt he raised his game whenever had the armband last season - becomes a lot more vocal on the pitch too.

Unpopular opinion coming up - Flint, as much as we all love him, doesn't need the captain's armband. He's a leader as it is, vocal on the pitch, respected by players & fans alike, think Cotts has made a good call

Agreed.

Not often I say this on here - but agree 100% with that, HLR

Agree with HLR Flint doesn't need the armband, he will continue to do what he does without it anyway. The only thing that is supprising is that so many people expected Flint to get it when Wilbs and Smith had it so often last season.

We are building a very young squad (Compare to some throwing the $$$ around and in a here and now policy - will take our approach every time) and one of the few old heads to show the way seems a very sensible move

My understanding is Wilbs is a model pro and also head social / bonding organiser so a natural skipper to lead the ship I'd suggest

Great to have other natural leaders and captain leaders like Flint & Korey on the pitch and in different areas of the pitch

Nice to have captains throughout the team. How many years were we crying out for that, Carey aside.

A team full of captains. The difference between this and the debacle I witness at a Torquay pre-season friendly a few years back when Brads was the only one who shouted any encouragement during the entire game!

I like it.

Archived