IGNORED

Respect To Doncaster Rovers

BobBobSuperBob

This really is an hilarious read... For those that are saying the ref should have disallowed the goal, what would you do in this situation if you were the ref: striker takes a shot that is going well wide when it happens to take a deflection off you (the ref) and loops over the keeper and in.... Goal or no goal?

I'm not one of those that say the goal should be disallowed, but in your scenario it's a goal. As with any player, the referee is part of the game. A deflection of the ball by a player, the referee, a goal post (or even the corner flag, though that's a lot less likely) into the goal, would stand.

Agreed. Exremely annoying as there very seldom are any head injures other than the fake ones

Yep, and fans who scream and whistle for the ball to put out of play ( including Bristol City fans) really, really annoy me.

Just leave it to the ref., you're ruining the game and putting pressure on the players to act like wimps.

I'd like Cotterill to come out and say BCFC will be playing to the whistle from now on, his players won't be putting the ball out of play for opposition injuries, and neither should the opposition feel obliged to do so for injured City players.

Let's get back to how it always was, a fiercely competitive game played by men with the referee making any and all decisions to stop play,and get rid of this P.C. namby pamby 'kicking the ball out' nonsense for good.

Roe and Sweden, did you actually read the op our did you just skim it. He clearly says he put the ball in the net whilst trying to play it back to them. It was an unfortunate situation and nothing unsportsmanlike in it. As such, Donny did the right thing and rectified the situation in a sense of sportsmanship.

There really is some drivel posted on here at times. Nothing like an internet forum to provoke outrage and bluster!

Yes, I agree.  Posters don't read the articles properly. I read about it on Euro Sport and it was exactly as you said,  also the Ref was asked if he could award a foul throw and disallow the goal. but he said he couldn't, so Donny's manager told his boys to allow a Bury player to walk the ball into their net.  That's what Euro Sport reported.

Roe and Sweden, did you actually read the op our did you just skim it. He clearly says he put the ball in the net whilst trying to play it back to them. It was an unfortunate situation and nothing unsportsmanlike in it. As such, Donny did the right thing and rectified the situation in a sense of sportsmanship.

There really is some drivel posted on here at times. Nothing like an internet forum to provoke outrage and bluster!

You don't seriously expect people to read the OP before replying, do you? This is OTIB!

Archived