IGNORED

Football League Tonight

Mamballs

Because 90& of lower league players won't be good enough for the championship.

And yet we start the season with a side whose experience is mostly in lower leagues, and 3 new signings, none of whom have much experience at Championship level or above. There are good players in L1 and L2 as we saw last season, then just add a couple of older heads, always a few available on frees. Mind you, doubt it's as easy as it sounds!

Just watched our bit on C5 OD.

The coverage and commentary was straight from the BeIn stream.

Very short highlights, didn't even show the penalty claim involving Burns.

Seems to me there's been a massive over-reaction on the Cotts interview. Obviously not happy, but in his usual way was not prepared to give much away. I do not read much into it at all. He knows things need working on with the new players and he obviously would have liked them earlier. Whether there are anymore singings in the pipeline remains to be seen.

He wouldn't say so anyway.

Watching now; garbage.

I really liked the BBC show; on too late, but always TiVo'd it anyway, so if the chatter bored me (and didn't always; was often pretty sharp) I'd skip it. On this, I'm basically fast forwarding until I see a pitch turn up.

Why have tonnes of fans there? Ruddy pointless - highlights, perhaps a bit of analysis, job done; no need for the rest.

RIP BBC football league show - we hardly knew ye.

Just watched our bit on C5 OD.

Seems to me there's been a massive over-reaction on the Cotts interview. Obviously not happy, but in his usual way was not prepared to give much away. I do not read much into it at all. He knows things need working on with the new players and he obviously would have liked them earlier. Whether there are anymore singings in the pipeline remains to be seen.

I guess (as you say) he normally doesn't give much away, that's the reason for the comments on his hinting that things haven't gone well. I don't think it's a dig at the board though, simply because SC has consistently said transfers will be later this year. I think it's much more dejection about the state of the market and our level of clout.....

Watched it this morning and it seems they've tried to make it into a "show" when all we want is the highlights of a football game. It seems like a (if its even possible) poor mans soccer am. All over the shots, presenters aren't great and just overall terrible. We've got this for 3 years haven't we? Wasn't much wrong with the BBC, it just needed better presenters and to be on at a normal time. Felt sorry for any league 2 teams, would have to stay up until about 12;40 just to watch 15 seconds of highlights.

An absolute rubbish of a show. OK, we were first up. That was good because I didn't have to watch it for more than another 5 mins.

Why is there an audience? Why are there pathetic jokey T-shirts for so-called supporters to wear so they can all have a girlie giggle? As far as the City game was concerned, why was there no meaningful analysis about what went right for Wednesday and what went wrong for City? Why was no mention made of the injury to Joe Bryan and the effect that might have had on the result? What was the reason for Michael Vaughan's contribution, except for getting a "celeb" on the show. Why was the Gillingham/Sheff Utd League 1 game put on straight afterwards?

I know some people on here didn't like the comments made by the team on the old BBC show, but at least they were made by serious people with knowledge and experience.

I can't imagine the Football League will like the contrast between the Premier League's Match of the Day and this load of dumbed down rubbish.  

Just watched our bit on C5 OD.

Seems to me there's been a massive over-reaction on the Cotts interview. Obviously not happy, but in his usual way was not prepared to give much away. I do not read much into it at all. He knows things need working on with the new players and he obviously would have liked them earlier. Whether there are anymore singings in the pipeline remains to be seen.

To be fair to Cotts, we don't know how much of his interview was edited in order to make him look sulky and morose. That's the kind of thing you get on the rest of Channel 5. They like to make people look ridiculous. Just think Big Brother.

Why didn't produce a show more in keeping with their coverage of the test matches with plenty drama but serious comment as well.

An absolute rubbish of a show. OK, we were first up. That was good because I didn't have to watch it for more than another 5 mins.

Why is there an audience? Why are there pathetic jokey T-shirts for so-called supporters to wear so they can all have a girlie giggle? As far as the City game was concerned, why was there no meaningful analysis about what went right for Wednesday and what went wrong for City? Why was no mention made of the injury to Joe Bryan and the effect that might have had on the result? What was the reason for Michael Vaughan's contribution, except for getting a "celeb" on the show. Why was the Gillingham/Sheff Utd League 1 game put on straight afterwards?

I know some people on here didn't like the comments made by the team on the old BBC show, but at least they were made by serious people with knowledge and experience.

I can't imagine the Football League will like the contrast between the Premier League's Match of the Day and this load of dumbed down rubbish.

Agree totally Mr Meldrew,

And may I add "Why wasn't there more close up's of the young lady in the white top?"

Archived