IGNORED

Ticketing Website

BCFC Jimmer

The Bristol Sport online ticket shop is a complete pain in the arse. I'm trying to buy 6 tickets for the luton game on my phone/ipad and its actually impossible. None of the links work!

I suppose I will have to time warp back to 2006 and call the club tomorrow and pick the tickets up at the game.

Anyone else found it problematic?

The club just contacted me saying the website is being redone within the next month so hopefully it will get better.

Or worse :(

Will they test it on an iPad? My guess is that that will be left to the customer, as per usual.

They are once you actually get hold of someone.

But actually getting to speak to someone is harder than getting an audience with the pope!

Bless you, my son. What is your request?

Holy Father, I'd like two adults, a senior and a child together in the South Stand at Ashton Gate.

H'mm. Difficult, my son. Would you rather have four free passes for Heaven?

• SC&T Board Members

It's such a shame they are bound by the FL Website templates which are hideous. Would be good if clubs could make their own sites.

But for the ticketing site, they're not, are they? I was under the impression this was a BS / selected contractor joint venture, not anything to do with the FL.

If they are revamping it already, they clearly got it very wrong in the first place.

And in this day and age, a primary requirement should surely have been that the site is 'responsive', i.e. that it adapts automatically to the device the user is using to access it and provides the required functionality accordingly. Remarkably, it would appear that this is not the case.

But for the ticketing site, they're not, are they? I was under the impression this was a BS / selected contractor joint venture, not anything to do with the FL.

If they are revamping it already, they clearly got it very wrong in the first place.

And in this day and age, a primary requirement should surely have been that the site is 'responsive', i.e. that it adapts automatically to the device the user is using to access it and provides the required functionality accordingly. Remarkably, it would appear that this is not the case.

Ah didn't know that, haven't used the ticketing site much - I usually phone up to avoid the site!

You are completely correct though, should be as user friendly as possible.

spoke to one of the ladies at the club the other day and she was most helpful sorting tickets and memberships.

This

If you can get through on the phone I always find the staff are very helpful and will resolve any issues and if they promise to call you back - they do !

It's getting through that's the prob !!!

Keep persevering and me of them will sort it for you

Exactly this, the Bristol Sport website is not bound by the FL rules.

For what it's worth, I actually really like the look and feel of the BS site, but evidently the usability is still lacking!

Can confirm website still a pain, can't even reset my password and when I called advice given was to keep trying maybe it will resolve itself :o

Tried in all browsers and different devices, same story.

Can someone check if there are any tickets available online on general sale? Thanks

I had that problem with resetting the password as well.  I actually cannot believe how amateur the website is.  It needs to be addressed because prospective fans might try and get a ticket and just give up because its so frustrating!

In other news, don't Andrew Billinghams suits look really nice.  Maybe he bought them with the money that was supposed to be used to develop the bloody website! Argh!

Archived