IGNORED

Season Card Screw Up.

Mamballs

So here we are less than a week to go and no season card. I don't live near Bristol so can't pop in, phone lines are mental when I try to ring on my breaks with no chance of getting through. They've had plenty of time to sort this I bought mine on the early bird. I rang on Friday (when I was off) and explained my circumstances but no help just ring back Monday. Terrible way to treat fans.

To be fair, you seem to be in the extreme minority so it is likely it has gone astray in the post - it is to be expected that some will go missing when sending 10k+ items in the post. The club are normally quick to respond to emails, can you not just do that instead?

To be fair, you seem to be in the extreme minority so it is likely it has gone astray in the post - it is to be expected that some will go missing when sending 10k+ items in the post. The club are normally quick to respond to emails, can you not just do that instead?

Emailed twice last wednesday and thurday still no answer and I know at least 8 other people on here without cards who knows how many else outside the forum.

Sending these out so late in the day, when you have a phone number that is hard to get through on is a recipe for disaster.

Even today, when all those who have not received their tickets which were paid for in March, have been asked to contact the Club by phone, coincides with an announcement that the remaining Brentford and Leeds tickets are going on sale.

A friend of mine still hasn't received hers, Bristol City have advised her to wait until FRIDAY to see if it comes...

Appreciate it is very easy to say when it is not your own season ticket but as they don't actually do anything but take up wallet space until Saturday I can understand why the club have said see if it turns up. The alternative is cancelling one that exists, getting a new one together, posting out a new one... all to appease some impatience (I call it that because the cards are pointless until Saturday). It'd be even more frustrating if it turned up in Thursday's post.

I don't think there is anything untoward with wait until Friday so long as if it's not there on Friday they can say you can collect a replacement ticket or new season card from this time at this spot.

Got a mate who is away for the first game and has not recieved his season card.

Called the ticket office last Friday and explained the situation as a friend was going to use his ticket for the first game.

To be fair they explained that when we come down to the Brentford game, speak to the first steward and find the location of the ticket office as they do not know where it will be yet and if we provide the season ticket details they will reprint the ticket.

Apparently, the Forever Bristol cards (which will be capable of being uploaded for Matchday entry) will be with us in a week. So 1/10 for effort but then a point deducted for the incapability of the Club to transmit any message to that effect to its supporters - apart from 'one to one' conversations between phone operators and customers.

The use of the online ticket site is worse than useless for iPads. A 0/10 for that effort. Ditto with the phones but at least silence is better than a Tom Jones song on a loop. Plus the excitement when, after a prolonged silence, you hear a human voice is worth the agonising wait.

The ticket arrived within 2 days of ordering so a 10/10 for that.

It's been like this for years at the Club. The front line staff are brilliant but the buffoons above them, seemingly, have not a clue. Why the ****ing hell doesn't the Chief Executive trial things himself before they go 'live'. Maybe then his managers might put a bit of effort in to get their systems right and, on occasions they are faulty, they liaise with their media mates to tell them what the problem is, how long it will take to rectify and issue and apology to customers. Basic business sense and practice but beyond the capability of our lot unfortunately. So puzzled how HL can get it so right and the Club so wrong.

None of my 4 have turned up yet either.. Continually told to wait a few days and can't get thru today at all, as previous poster I don't live in Bristol. This is the second year in a row this has happened and pathetic

Pathetic is a bit strong. As someone eluded to above with 10,000 cards to issue some will go missing. If there's a pattern any danger it's the postie or Royal mail's incompetence?

Obvious questions, when you can see what has been written above, when you've been told to wait a few days, and you know the club does have contingencies in place such as printing tickets from the ticket office.... why are you trying to call them today or at all? Your ticket(s) do nothing today, they aren't going to reissue you with one [seemingly] without waiting to see if it turns up before Saturday and all they can do is apologise and tell you the exact same they will have done previously. Sounds like a total waste of your time and the ticket office's time for you try to speak with them by phone.

Perhaps someone should post on the main website, that duplicates will not be issued, as this clearly contradicts information given in other areas.

I again state it is incredible that tickets paid for in March, have not been received with 5 days to go until the first home game of the season.

Does this mean these supporters will miss the test event?

Sending these out so late in the day, when you have a phone number that is hard to get through on is a recipe for disaster.

Even today, when all those who have not received their tickets which were paid for in March, have been asked to contact the Club by phone, coincides with an announcement that the remaining Brentford and Leeds tickets are going on sale.

Total incompetence AGAIN :grr:

Here's a thought. Maybe SL should try ringing the club on the public numbers from Guernsey. Then he might understand the problem.

Pathetic is a bit strong. As someone eluded to above with 10,000 cards to issue some will go missing. If there's a pattern any danger it's the postie or Royal mail's incompetence?

Obvious questions, when you can see what has been written above, when you've been told to wait a few days, and you know the club does have contingencies in place such as printing tickets from the ticket office.... why are you trying to call them today or at all? Your ticket(s) do nothing today, they aren't going to reissue you with one [seemingly] without waiting to see if it turns up before Saturday and all they can do is apologise and tell you the exact same they will have done previously. Sounds like a total waste of your time and the ticket office's time for you try to speak with them by phone.

They say they will all be delivered by last Wednesday. We ring because they don't turn up. When we ring they tell us to ring back today, then put us off again. Does that sound like good customer service?

Appreciate it is very easy to say when it is not your own season ticket but as they don't actually do anything but take up wallet space until Saturday I can understand why the club have said see if it turns up. The alternative is cancelling one that exists, getting a new one together, posting out a new one... all to appease some impatience (I call it that because the cards are pointless until Saturday). It'd be even more frustrating if it turned up in Thursday's post.

I don't think there is anything untoward with wait until Friday so long as if it's not there on Friday they can say you can collect a replacement ticket or new season card from this time at this spot.

Sorry, but that's simply not true for those who are travelling to the Gate from afar. The post barely arrives early enough to get it at an address in Bristol and arrive at the Gate for KO. Simply not an option for those travelling from elsewhere.

Sorry, but that's simply not true for those who are travelling to the Gate from afar. The post barely arrives early enough to get it at an address in Bristol and arrive at the Gate for KO. Simply not an option for those travelling from elsewhere.

Okay, so for some the latest they could receive it by and go to AG with it is Friday... but it still doesn't mean it is other than a useless piece of plastic until the doors open on Saturday, and nor does it mean anyone should be detracted from travelling without a piece of plastic for fears of being turned away: provision will be made for you.

I don't really understand how it is anything but a mild inconvenience; although I appreciate it's very easy for me to say that with my useless bit of plastic in my wallet (although I'd add a couple of seasons back I was an unfortunate who had to go to the ticket office on the first Saturday).

If I wanted a telling off I'd go to my mums.. Move along eh

Ha if you think that's a telling off you're a very delicate soul or your mum didn't do it as well as mine - just merely enquiring as to what you were hoping to achieve.

Clearly I didn't know about potential misinformation of duplicate tickets being printed today and neither was that referenced at all throughout. Reading your post it does just sound as though a moan and ringing up with no clear purpose but to moan.

Move along, eh?

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware I had to reference all my points so you could make a wild assumption as to how I meant my post to sound.Your season ticket is safely with you so it need not concern you. I rarely post anymore due to interfering opinionated idiots like you. So yes move along eh. Your opinion is not wanted, warranted or needed and just to keep you in the loop I've got through and been told to wait til Friday or queue on Saturday which I find wrong. If I wanted to do that I'd not of bothered with season tickets

Perhaps someone should post on the main website, that duplicates will not be issued, as this clearly contradicts information given in other areas.

I again state it is incredible that tickets paid for in March, have not been received with 5 days to go until the first home game of the season.

Does this mean these supporters will miss the test event?

Duplicates are being issued.... we were 1 short, rang up this morning, duplicates being made and sent out today and tomorrow, should receive the replacement by Thursday at the latest.

Yes bud.. Some young lad didn't say anything about replacements but the woman on Friday did. Said they were swapping offices and now could issue their own cards, fair play literally just this minute had a call back from her saying I was misinformed earlier and replacements will be issued asap

Seems we aren't the only ones having trouble with our season tickets, says in the sun today there was around 750 Charlton fans who hadn't received their cards waiting in line to be served by 2 people before kick off, also said the phones weren't working during the week, ? where have we heard that before, by the way mine and my boys turned up a couple of weeks ago so the club did ok by me..... Until they don't work on Saturday and then they will be cnuts ?

Archived