IGNORED

My Team For Tonight

westonred

Hamer

Little. El Abd. Williams. Ives 

Burns. Smith. Reid. Robinson 

Agard  Kodjia

Wont please everyone, but it will give a run out to those who need it and should be a strong enough team to nick a win

The left back position is dependent on whether Bryan is likely to be fit for Saturday. If not then we need to go with the wing backs who'll play then. If he will be then I'd have Fredericks back to RWB and maybe give Ives a go if he's with the 1st team squad. Other than that, Robinson for Freeman, Agard for Wilbs and maybe a young un in for Pack or Smith. Kodjia needs games and he needs the core of the team around him so they can gel

To be honest, injuries aside I suspect it'll be very close to the team that started the 2nd half against Wednesday

You'd think if cotterill was tempted to tinker with the formation this would game could be perfect. If we can't get a replacement for Bryan and he's out for a while we may well go 4-2-3-1 (not as messy as it sounds) or could go for 4-4-2.

I'd like to see this :-

Fielding

Fredricks ayling flint Williams

Pack Smith

Kodjia/burns Freeman Robinson

Wilbs

I'd be suprused to see cotts chsbge formation he may just just Lloyd Kelly on for Bryan or is he rwb ?

I don't think now's the time to change formation or to shuffle the squad.  We need to get into a routine of playing in the system we're used to.  If we're struggling in a few weeks then it may be time to use Plan B but for now we've got to be patient and give things a chance to work.  Chopping and changing too early in the season can unsettle things and basically bin the entire pre-season work.

So basically I'd bring in, Little (if fit) or Burns for Bryan, maybe rest Wilbraham for Robinson if he's not likely to be up to two games a week and otherwise be unchanged.

I think SC will understand the importance of confidence ahead of Brentford on Saturday, and expect him to name a pretty much full strength XI. He will want to win to get extra games to help the squad gel, even if the squad is thin. We don't have the JPT this season to keep fringe players in the frame.

If Hamer does come in today (and is eligible - not sure of rules), I'd still pick FF...would be a kick in the teeth and could undermine the togetherness of thus bunch.

Would like to see ML back, but not convinced he's ready from SC comments...although could be mind games.

What was RF like at LWB? (Those who went to Hillsborough)

Would stick with AW and JK up front and hope they start to forge a partnership.

Expecting a tough night, but scrape through.

Hamer

Agard Kodjia

Wont please everyone, but it will give a run out to those who need it and should be a strong enough team to nick a win

It would be an interesting team, but I think we'd probably lose!

I want to see the same 11 as sat really as they need game time - only issue is who would replace Bryan, does SC have enough faith in Burns as a wb to give him a full 90? He certainly deserves another go.

Alternatively, I would like to see us experiment and try

Fielding (if Hamer not registered in time etc)

Fredricks, Flint, Ayling, Williams (flat back 4)

Smith, Pack (CDM/CM)

Agard RW (unsure if he's fit enough to start yet) Freeman CAM, Robinson (LW)

Kodjia on his own up top.

I would like to see that as it's not too dissimilar from Saturday but tries out another dimension, should be strong enough to win too.

Only concern for me is left back naturally.

Hamer

Agard Kodjia

I'm all for playing fringe players tonight, but why change the formation..?

Surely they need to be comfortable with how we play or there is no point in giving them game time anyway.

We have Brentford and Leeds coming up, no way will he put out his strongest team, expect to see El-Abd, Robinson, Burns all to start and if fitness allows Agard, Little and Wagstaff as well. You just need to look at the team for the game against Oxford last year to see where the League Cup rates on his radar.

I'm all for playing fringe players tonight, but why change the formation..?

Surely they need to be comfortable with how we play or there is no point in giving them game time anyway.

Because we haven't got a plan B at the moment and are not sure if we can play 4-4-2 so this game would give us the ideal opportunity to try something new. We kept getting caught out down both flanks on Saturday and the 3-5-2 didn't seem to be working so maybe we may need to change things round in certain games this season so lets try it tonight   

Hamer

Ayling         Flint        Williams

Fredericks      Smith          Pack            Freeman      Robinson

Kodjia                Wilbrahim   

Archived