IGNORED

Hamer Joins!

supercidered

This guy is going to be the oldest City keeper ever. According to the ZZ Top website, Hamer (AKA Billy Gibbons) was born on 16th December 1949.

It begs the questions:-

A) Who is the second-oldest City stopper?

B) Who was the oldest keeper ever to play in the football league?

TFR (if you will)

Great signing if not a little confusing considering fielding just signed a new deal bit suppose is only a season loan .

I think fielding will keep his place but any more silly lunging or not commanding his area hamer will be straight in and I 've not checked but im guessing he's had good amount of experience at this level with Charlton right ?

Hamers distribution on the YouTube clip is pretty awesome !

Pleased this is for the full season; means he can meaningful compete with Frankie, as they'll have the season to see who comes out on top.

Plus; if him being a City fan is true, will be nice to have another 'one of our own' I there - always good to see.

BTW - couldn't see if it was confirmed he's available tonight anywhere? Anyone think he might play if he is?

I think this was a necessary signing. You can't play at this level with only one recognised keeper. And the fact that Hamer has played 10 times at Premiership level last season would suggest that he isn't coming here to pick up a load of splinters from his arse when he could do that in the stands at Leicester.

Pleased this is for the full season; means he can meaningful compete with Frankie, as they'll have the season to see who comes out on top.

Plus; if him being a City fan is true, will be nice to have another 'one of our own' I there - always good to see.

BTW - couldn't see if it was confirmed he's available tonight anywhere? Anyone think he might play if he is?

He is a city fan, when he came here for Charlton he talked about when he used to have a season ticket in the eastend.

Great signing. Shame it's only a loan. City fan, used to live in our village and he and his brother went to school with my lads. 

Straight into the team tonight.

Hoping Frankie gets sorted though. A great player for us last season.

Do people feel he has been signed to take over from FF or is it just for cover? I think he's a better keeper than FF from what I've seen of him :) good signing indeed. Well done SC

I personally think it's a replacement. Much more commanding keeper. And as pointed out before as a city fan he could prove rather passionate

Archived