IGNORED

Kodjia - Main Striker Or One For The Future?

Nomad

Does today's bid for Dwight Gayle indicate that Kodjia would be relegated to 'one for the future' if we had landed him (DW)? Personally I thought Kodjia had been bought as our main striker. Lets hope he bags a couple tonight and starts firing on all cylinders. SL can then use his wallet to strengthen the team elsewhere.

In the circumstances, I honestly thought it was a quite encouraging debut from Kodjia.

Yes he didn't impact the game but he got a very technically controlled long shot off and I did think I saw enough in his movement to suggest if he can build a rapport and partnership he'll spring the defence often enough.

Whether he gets that rapport and partnership is the question. Fingers crossed.

Kodjia and Gayle front two maybe?

Signing Gayle would of taken the pressure off Kodjia and meant he could concentrate on playing a team game however now I feel he just wants to / needs to score whatever the cost to please fans.

Signing Gayle would of taken the pressure off Kodjia and meant he could concentrate on playing a team game however now I feel he just wants to / needs to score whatever the cost to please fans.

They would be a handful that's for sure, both have pace and are strong, but as we know it's all about service.

-

Not sure about it. We probably need a holding player as we are not yet up to the standards. Free kicks and Flint crucial for the season

They would be a handful that's for sure, both have pace and are strong, but as we know it's all about service.

You'd hope that they would get good service off freeman , Fredericks and Bryan.

Until his injury Bryan was getting in good space for our counter attacks, although his end balls where well below par. I thought we may score every time he went up the pitch, real game changer him going off.

I reckon Cotterill is gonna play 4-3-3 now. Kodjia will be used out wide I reckon on one wing, Robinson on the other. And of course Agard is naturally a winger, add to that Burns, Freeman can play there and if we do sign Gayle then he has sometimes played on the wing too. When Coterrill came in, we had no wingers, now we have or might have all of them, can't see wing backs working this season. Kodjia is definitely for the present, I actually think he is gonna be a massive success as he has the power and pace which is what the English game is all about.

I reckon Cotterill is gonna play 4-3-3 now. Kodjia will be used out wide I reckon on one wing, Robinson on the other. And of course Agard is naturally a winger, add to that Burns, Freeman can play there and if we do sign Gayle then he has sometimes played on the wing too. When Coterrill came in, we had no wingers, now we have or might have all of them, can't see wing backs working this season. Kodjia is definitely for the present, I actually think he is gonna be a massive success as he has the power and pace which is what the English game is all about.

I thought that line up tonight was surely 4-3-3 but maybe not!

Archived