IGNORED

Tom Bradshaw (Merged)

Steve Watts

If and when the Gayle deal falls through, maybe we could go for Tom Bradshaw at (likely) a fraction of the price...he managed to net a hat trick against Championship opposition tonight, continuing his form from last year....Gotta be worth a shout, surely...

I know forwards shouldn't be a priority at the moment over strengthening other positions, but as we're clearly in the market for one...

Happy to be shot down for talking rubbish if you think I am! :)

Do we actually NEED another striker though FFS? Bradshaw is an out and out foward isnt he?

I think so to be honest....it's good to have four decent forwards, and if it's true that we've bid for Gayle then Cotts & Burt obviously think we do at the very least.

As I said though we do need strengthening elsewhere as a priority.

hmmm if you say so.. Id be more concerned about the midfield but there you go

Not saying I'm not concerned. Ideally we require another centre half (preferably with pace), competition for Joe Bryan, a centre midfielder to challenge Smith and Pack whilst I do believe we need a forward. A forward may not be high on the list it if someone like Bradshaw is available at the right price then get him in. I don't buy the shout that we must avoid signing a player who would challenge/improve our current front two, so we can purchase a midfielder.

SC won't have needed to see that Bradshaw scored a hatrick, against what was probably a reserve team, last night to know if he is interested in him.

He was playing in the same division as is last season so he will be fully aware of him. I would think that if there was interest then we would already have tested Walsall's reserve with an offer.

So I suspect he is not on the wish list, or at least not near the top of it.

He's not the one I want. Prolific he may be in the lower divisions but I'm not confident that he can make the step up. He doesn't strike me as especially fast and I believe that he has a long term problem concerning his hamstrings which forces him to miss matches. He didn't impress me at all in the (albeit two) matches I saw him play last season.

It's a "no" from me.

Archived