IGNORED

Sustainability

real_bristol

7 years on and it appears we've learnt nothing. IF the rumours are true we've had a bid accepted for someone I've never heard of. Admittedly I may have seen Chris Gayle play against us at some point but he obviously didn't stand out.

What I'm getting at is this sounds suspiciously like a panic buy for someone who would rather warm a bench in the premier league. I've no doubt that we'll survive this season, we just need time, we just need to give them time.

I'd rather see that kind of money invested in someone who wants to just play football, the youth setup, an increase in local scouts, an increase in foreign scouts or a tidy combo.

I don't know about you but I'm in it for the long run.

No genuinely never heard of him. The Chris was a poor attempt at humour but I clearly don't know enough about champ/prem players

So you openly admit don't follow wider football outside of Bristol yet you're qualified to suggest that because you haven't heard of a player it's a bad move?

Personally I too feel this transfer seems a little left field. Since going down we have been cutting the wages and spending less on transfers, even assembling a title winning squad on a profit. Since coming up we've had plenty of knock backs from clubs and players, that much is obvious, and I believe money was the issue. After being told for the whole pre season that we won't be paying silly money, we start bidding silly money. FFS we're Bristol City. We don't have 6 million to spend on a striker. After all this penny pinching for two years and holding out over the summer, I see this as nothing more than a panic, in a position you may argue is no longer a priority. 

Without meaning this to sound rude, if you haven't heard of Dwight Gayle it says more about you than it does the fee involved.

It's not rude to express an opinion, I welcome it. Last season I mostly watched League One football. I feel I should apologise for not knowing who he is, but I won't.

It's not rude to express an opinion, I welcome it. Last season I mostly watched League One football. I feel I should apologise for not knowing who he is, but I won't.

The year before that I thought he scored against us, in League 1? 

Or were you not watching when we weren't winning the league?

The year before that I thought he scored against us, in League 1? 

Or were you not watching when we weren't winning the league?

He's never played in league one. 

He scored against us in the Championship once but on the losing side.  Posh had 10 men for most of the game.

Personally I too feel this transfer seems a little left field. Since going down we have been cutting the wages and spending less on transfers, even assembling a title winning squad on a profit. Since coming up we've had plenty of knock backs from clubs and players, that much is obvious, and I believe money was the issue. After being told for the whole pre season that we won't be paying silly money, we start bidding silly money. FFS we're Bristol City. We don't have 6 million to spend on a striker. After all this penny pinching for two years and holding out over the summer, I see this as nothing more than a panic, in a position you may argue is no longer a priority.

It does seem a big fee, but APPARENTLY he's only on 10k a week, so not the huge budget smashing signing everyone assumes

Archived