IGNORED

Roll On International Break And End Of Transfer Window

The Bard

I realise that we still need some new players and some proper quality ones at that.  However, I get the impression that the shenanigans around signings is not necessarily having the best impact on the club.

Firstly, SC's attention seems to be on getting players signed, talking to SL and Burt, agents and other managers.  This is bound to have an impact elsewhere in terms of the training and preparation. He is a dominant manager and the side is a reflection of him.  With his attention on other things, there is the danger that we lose focus on what matters - winning football matches.  His post-match interviews have betrayed this IMHO.

Secondly, the effect on the squad.  They didn't look their normal confident selves at Hillsborough.  There is a lot of uncertainty around and a number of them must be wondering about their future role.  Add to that, the new players have started uncertainly.

Thirdly, us lot. It went almost unnoticed that we lost to Luton. The new stadium is also a distraction.  We need to get behind the team big time on Saturday.

I have every confidence that we'll have a decent season.  If we can bag 3 points from either of our 2 home games that would be a massive bonus. Middlesborough and Burnley won't be easy that's for certain.

And roll on the emergency loan speculation...

The truth is we actually have most of the season and throughout to compliment our first team. I think some posters ignore this when crying out for transfers.

The transfer window should shut end july. Its a farce that the merry-go-round starts hotting up just as the matches start. Whats the point? One less month for agents to play clubs off against each other would be a good thing.

Agree in principle but unfortunately I don't see it being possible.

It would be a tough ask with the international summer schedule what it is. If it's not the World Cup or the euros it's the confederations cup.

Don't forget those all marketing tours clubs must go away for. It's one thing hopping back from Portugal, quite another from the Far East.

Archived