IGNORED

Sending's Off And Video Refs

BS3_RED

As much as I love football as it is and feel its is fine in its current format I do feel that the 4th official should be used to confirm a sending off. The decision to send a player from the field of play can be so important and the pace of todays game is so fast that I feel refs should have help with regards to this.

If the video evidence is inconclusive then the refs decision on the pitch is upheld, just like it would be in an appeal. If Freemans sending off is appealed successfully then brilliant but it does not give us him back for the game he was sent off in and  this would be addressed easily by video in the ground

Technology would have conclusively proved it was a red, the fact we are not appealing says it all

I have seen on sky and yes it was a red all day long but there have been many there were not.

My point is that if we are to use technology then this is one area that would benefit from it.

It may well have been but my point still stands. Its to big a decision to not be 100% sure when the technology is there to make sure it is right,.

Keep technology out of the game, Football is and always has been a game played and refereed by humans.

One person will have a different opinion than another on EVERY decision, that's just the way it is.

Today's was 100% a sending off imo, but others think differently, that's what we have a referee for, he makes the decision, like it or not he's always correct.

Keep technology out of the game, Football is and always has been a game played and refereed by humans.

One person will have a different opinion than another on EVERY decision, that's just the way it is.

Today's was 100% a sending off imo, but others think differently, that's what we have a referee for!

He's always right

Totally agree, 

If I'm honest human (ref) error forms a part of the drama of football for me.

It can be a bitch but I'd miss it.

I'm personally not a fan of goal line cam for example. Appreciate every single reason in favour of it, it's just for me none of them come close to justifying it. Remember that Chelsea v Barca game and ballack chasing the ref? All part of the excitement and the odd decision against you is the small price for it.

Technology doesn't always help, the NRL (Rugby League) in Australia currently uses 2 on pitch refs and 2 linesmen and they still go to the video ref for virtually every try no matter how clear cut it appears.

People still criticize every decision and bemoan the poor quality of refereeing.

Leave things as they are.

Archived