IGNORED

The Bountyhunter On Sale Wednesday

EnclosureSurge

Many thanks to all who bought a copy yesterday.

We are nearly sold out but will be selling again on Wednesday.

However, we will be at these selling points:

- corner Duckmoor/Ashton Rd

- near KFC entrance to old EE car park

- near gates from Raynes Rd through to old EE car park

So we won't be outside Hirerite as someone has moved it.

One or two of you missed/couldn't find us out the back of the South Stand; apologies - we were trying out a new formation and some of us didn't understand the manager's instructions. They've been substituted for Wednesday and squad rotation is in action.

Postal copies available, of course, if you want to email us before Wed (we won't have any left after that): the.bountyhunter@hotmail.co.uk

Our twit will keep you up-to-speed, too: @BountyhunterBC

Cheers again to all who bought a copy and/or had lovely comments to say (this was before the red card, of course).

You Reds!

Bought one yesterday, haven't bought fanzines on a regular basis since the times of Cidereds, Come in No 7, OTIB/Take Your Seats as I guess this and other internet forums seemed to replace them.

Thought it was a brilliant read, and at  2 quid fantastic value.  Only thing I had problems with was reading 2 paragraphs about BCFC without then reading "that's absolute b******s", "source?" "were you actually at the game?" and all the other things featured on that recent thread about how to deal with the contrary point of view. :whistle:

Highly recommended so far, haven't had the chance to read it all yet, so does that make me an early leaver?

Hey there New Dazzler, thanks for the feedback. We aim to give value for money, we're just City fans who enjoy writing, we're not in it to make money (good job too, with our speling). (Natch).

Interested to know which page/paragraphs you "read about BCFC" that made you think of this other thread you mention (not that I've read that thread but I will).

Hey there New Dazzler, thanks for the feedback. We aim to give value for money, we're just City fans who enjoy writing, we're not in it to make money (good job too, with our speling). (Natch).

Interested to know which page/paragraphs you "read about BCFC" that made you think of this other thread you mention (not that I've read that thread but I will).

No, what I was saying (in a bit of a cack-handed way) is that you may read one or two interesting and well thought out pieces on this forum, and then you will typically find a poster with the opposite view who, rather than making a counter argument in a constructive and articulate way decides to deride the poster (ie were you at the game?/don't talk shite comments etc) So it was just a refreshing change to go back to having a proper "read" about the club without it being interspersed with the usual forum "banter". 

Particularly enjoyed the feature on Mickey Thomas, not to mention the JET analysis, Wade Elliot, the German games, and last season's overview, especially the article on the Swindon home game.  And I STILL haven't read it all!  Compare that to the Club Programme, which is 50% dearer, takes about 5 minutes to read, and tells you next to nothing that you didn't know already.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

No, what I was saying (in a bit of a cack-handed way) is that you may read one or two interesting and well thought out pieces on this forum, and then you will typically find a poster with the opposite view who, rather than making a counter argument in a constructive and articulate way decides to deride the poster (ie were you at the game?/don't talk shite comments etc) So it was just a refreshing change to go back to having a proper "read" about the club without it being interspersed with the usual forum "banter". 

Particularly enjoyed the feature on Mickey Thomas, not to mention the JET analysis, Wade Elliot, the German games, and last season's overview, especially the article on the Swindon home game.  And I STILL haven't read it all!  Compare that to the Club Programme, which is 50% dearer, takes about 5 minutes to read, and tells you next to nothing that you didn't know already.

Do you mean Mickey Tanner, New Dazzler?! (yes of course that's what you meant)

Gotchya!

And that saves me reading that thread, now. And thinking, 'b*ll*cks, have you even read this other thread...?'! etc etc.

However, we certainly don't know it al, we have no monopoly on opinion and are more than open to others' views so if you - or anyone - read something and think, 'that's a load of b*lls' and then feel inclined to do so, send us an email: the.bountyhunter@hotmail.co.uk or a twit to @BountyhunterBC

You may or may not also be interested to note we are 'linked' to this City online site, too: https://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

And we're glad we're not the only ones to have noticed the differenetial in price/content/value between our amateur labour of love and the multi-million pound professional club's paid-for matchday programme. Each to their own, of course.

Cheers for the feedback/clearing things up!

Do you mean Mickey Tanner, New Dazzler?! (yes of course that's what you meant)

Haha, yes it was Mr Tanner, hope no-one calls me a part-timer! ;)  I remember him, but don't remember much about him, if you know what I mean, I guess the reason for that is well summed up in the article.  Mind you a feature on the rather turbulent life and career of Mickey Thomas would be an interesting read :whistle: !

Archived