IGNORED

Realistic Targets

Dolman_Stand

English based players maybe lacking in value for money, a widely held belief, unavailable, out of our financial reach, too much of an agent fee or simply don't fancy us.. maybe we should go back to France and Angers and take a look at these 3 midfield options.. i am sure we have already ..

Axel Ngando - aged 21, left footer, 5' 10" , attacking midfielder

Thomas Mangani - aged 27, left footer, 6', defensive midfielder

Pierrick Capelle - aged 27, left footer, 5' 11" , attacking midfielder

Interestingly all left foot preferred.

Capelle would be most like the sort of flair midfielder.

All playing top flight football now and unlikely to want to leave, too expensive or not good enough. But you never know and I am sure we are searching overseas anyway.

And the added potential bonus of having a good understanding with Kodjia.

Bas Savage plays in Thailand so let's not go near that league.

Proof, if it was needed, that players are falling over themselves to play in Thailand!

What the Ben Pringle who signed for Fulham this summer?

Karacan has gone to play in Turkey...

I strongly doubt we'll sign Dack after his court case, but having posted this three times this month now, even I'm bored of hearing me say it.

If you hadn't mentioned it again I was about to.

Fans should at least be aware exactly what sort of character they are recommending the club to buy.

He is indeed but he is not the grandson of Bobby. :)

George was born in Swindon, not his fault, and he cut his cloth in the Hammers academy.

Ha, hadn't thought of Bobby!

If he's got a bit of what his old man had about him he will be a good player, good grounding at West Ham too I suspect

A very fair point.

Every time El Abd appears in the match day squad, an angel sheds a tear.

I'm convinced El Abd is a bad luck charm.. Played 1 game for us last season v Oxford.. We lost.. Been on the bench 3 games this season.. We've lost All of them.

I know it irrational.. But I truly believe it.

I'm convinced El Abd is a bad luck charm.. Played 1 game for us last season v Oxford.. We lost.. Been on the bench 3 games this season.. We've lost All of them.

It's a bit harsh to blame him for the previous 5 years though.

Go take him out tomorrow night and get him tanked up, drive him to Dartmoor and drop him off... with a sleeping bag and a bottle of water of course. ;) That'll fix it for Leeds. 

No need, it's good most are unheard of. They're all pretty cheap.

Ampdau is a 14/15 year old at Exeter (highyl regarded obviously)

Tunez and Rochela are a pair of cheap decent CB's with decent experience in Spain. La Liga and Adelente.

Dom Dwyer is an English striker at Sporting Kansas in the MLS. Bangs goals in for fun over there, yeah it's the MLS but he's a great poacher.

Yeah Bigirimana from Newcastle, was thinking if Lingard went there then Gael would be even further down the pecking order and would do a great job for us.

Mascarell is a CM who was on loan at Derby last year. Very solid.

Murphy twins, highly rated pair of wingers/strikers at Norwich.

Brad Smith, Aussie LB who was at Swindon on loan for a bit last season from Liverpool.

Ben Pearson, young CM in United's reserves. A cheaper Lingard if you will.

Agostino Ca is a CM at Barcelona B, he (along with Natko, a winger/striker) is on the transfer/loan list as Barca B have to offload a shed load of players for the new season.

Edgar Le, young CB/RB at Barca B.

Ruben Belima, winger/Striker at Castilla.

Davefevs, well there's the obvious few who are based in England and would have no issues coming to us at our current level (Pearson, Jones, Murphy, Ampadu) they're young and have been on loan in L1/Champ recently and should jump at the chance to join a club like us.

People from the Championship have been signing players from places like the Belgian first league so there's no reason to believe someone like Dwyer from the MLS wouldn't come up to the Championship with us, it's probably a better standard of league overall.

Louis Fenton, i'm also a bit of a fan of his club Wellington Phoenix (and the NZ national team a little bit) so i've watched him in a fair few games over the years. He can play RB, LB, LW, RW or even in the centre, so he'd certainly be useful to us at the minute. Again the Championship is probably better standard of league than the Aussie A-League.

As for the guys in Spain that's based on the number of transfers from there to the Championship we've had over the last few years, not to mention the fact that Mascarell was on loan here last year. Makes sense to go for young players like them from Barca and Real's B teams, they'll be cheap and would likely jump at the chance to play in England. I mean if Villa can sign Adama Traore we can sign Agostino Ca.

The two from Thailand are the gamble, I did find those two on football manager (yeah yeah I know) but they're decent players (Tunez is a Venezuela international) who would be available on the cheap.

How many of those have you seen play at least one full game? Please be honest.

None I expect , its very easy to pluck names from a squad list from another club , makes me laugh how some people on here seem better at scouting then the professional staff at city are !!!  

Jamie Allen and Sam Morsy would be fantastic additions. Would love us to go out and get these 2. Arguably wouldn't start straight away but young and hungry enough to push our current midfielders for a starting place soon enough. Pack did ok on Saturday but he slows the game down too much for me. Yeah his diagonal Hollywood passes look lovely but with the ball at his feet he's very slow.

100% agree with this

100% agree with this

I dont agree , why does everyone always pick on pack ? He always wants the ball , covered every inch of the pitch on saturday , always seems to be the scapegoat when we lose , how about the fact we got pulled apart on both flanks for the goals , was that down to him as well ? 

Quite a few actually. Fenton I mentioned in the post. Dwyer I've watched in a few MLS games. Seen the Murphys in some of their Youth FA Cup games. Bigirimana played for a while with Newcastle in the prem so saw a few games there. Saw Pearson play last season. Mascarell was at Derby last year so saw some of him. Others I've just heard good things about, not trying to act like I'm better than the clubs scouts, just recommending players like the title suggests. Blimey.

While I'm all for investing in youth / younger players, don't we need someone with the necessary experience of this level to lead all the young 'uns?

I'm not saying Barton and I'm not saying Nolan but there must be someone, a midfielder hopefully, out there with the necessary experience to guide our excellent young side in their formative Championship season?

While I'm all for investing in youth / younger players, don't we need someone with the necessary experience of this level to lead all the young 'uns?

I'm not saying Barton and I'm not saying Nolan but there must be someone, a midfielder hopefully, out there with the necessary experience to guide our excellent young side in their formative Championship season?

I've said Chris McCann for a while. Things haven't gone well for him at Wigan by the looks of it, but he was a good quality Championship midfielder at Burnley. 28 so still a good age and well over 250 Championship games.

Archived