IGNORED

Otib Fanzine Writer Kevin Brake Passes Away

Dollymarie

Hi all,

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news on a Monday morning, but for those of you who weren't aware, Kevin Brake who co-wrote the OTIB fanzine passed away on Friday night. Kevin was only in his mid 40's.  No age at all to pass away. 

One man down in the army of red :(

I am writing to let you all know the sad news that on the eve of our first game back in the Championship and the new South Stand that Kevin Brake sadly and suddenly died, we are told as a result of a seizure. Kevin did suffer from epileptic fits. Kevin represented our fanzine at the FAN meetings and for those who knew him lived for Bristol City FC.and was a constant at both home and away games traveling on CATS for ever. I am sure a few years ago he had gone to hundreds of consecutive games, a true City fan. He also played a massive role in writing the fanzine for the last 20 years. He worked tirelessly in writing articles and working till the early hours to ensure we met tight deadlines. It certainly will never be the same without him and still a massive shock I have to write this.                    

Life really isn't fair. Kind Regards, Rob Humphries.  One Team In Bristol Fanzine

Hi all,

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news on a Monday morning, but for those of you who weren't aware, Kevin Brake who co-wrote the OTIB fanzine passed away on Friday night. Kevin was only in his mid 40's.  No age at all to pass away. 

One man down in the army of red :(

Was he the bald guy that could often be seen selling?

It's always so sad to hear of a person dying when they had so much of their life still left to live. I never knew Kevin and never met him but we must have spent so much time together over the years watching the team which unites us all. Rest easily, Kevin. We'll keep supporting them until it's our turn.

City 'til we die.

Kevin, was a friend of mine for over 20 years from my original time travelling on Coach 2. He loved City and his knowledge about the club was really up there.

The main thing I remember about him was he always had a smile on his face and a really corny joke.

My heart goes out to his mum and sisters at this awful time.

The only thing I can say is at least he was able to see us win a title last season. It makes up for all the long Tuesday nights to places like Shrewsbury and Bury.

R.I.P mate. 

Archived