IGNORED

Ref Watch: Gavin Ward

Buckeyed

As many fans felt that the performance of the ref on Saturday (Keith Stroud) was a little below par, I thought I would have a look into the ref for Wednesday night.. step forward Gavin Ward.

I would love to tell you that he has a great record in the games involving Bristol City that he has officiated, however he appears to have form for making wrong decisions. In 2014 he gave a free kick for Frankie handling outside the box - replays showed it was clearly released before leaving the area. Rotherham proceeded to score the resulting free kick (by James Tavernier).

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Furious-Bristol-City-boss-Steve-Cotterill-takes/story-20880996-detail/story.html

More recently he was referee in the 2-0 win over Fleetwood - I seem to remember him quite vividly, which is never a good sign for a ref.

You will be glad to know that he is yet to hand out a red card in any of his 3 games this season, and did not hand out a single yellow card in the last game between Dag and Redbridge vs Leyton Orient.

gavinward-referee-61364-1063998_613x460.

As many fans felt that the performance of the ref on Saturday (Keith Stroud) was a little below par, I thought I would have a look into the ref for Wednesday night.. step forward Gavin Ward.

I would love to tell you that he has a great record in the games involving Bristol City that he has officiated, however he appears to have form for making wrong decisions. In 2014 he gave a free kick for Frankie handling outside the box - replays showed it was clearly released before leaving the area. Rotherham proceeded to score the resulting free kick (by James Tavernier).

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Furious-Bristol-City-boss-Steve-Cotterill-takes/story-20880996-detail/story.html

More recently he was referee in the 2-0 win over Fleetwood - I seem to remember him quite vividly, which is never a good sign for a ref.

You will be glad to know that he is yet to hand out a red card in any of his 3 games this season, and did not hand out a single yellow card in the last game between Dag and Redbridge vs Leyton Orient.

Surely the linesman signals this type of infringement and the ref then awards the free kick. Just like the last sentence of the Post's item states.

gavinward-referee-61364-1063998_613x460.

I know you shouldn't judge people on how they look, but he looks like a ****

My thoughts entirely, looks an arse.

Ohh, this looks fun, welcome to 'insultaref'.

... I think he looks like a right tit!

((anymore for anymore? ..come on keep 'em coming, ...let's play on the eve of a match! ... & hope no one posts the knob-end a link ..or those yellow cards will be flying for sure! :) ))

Archived