IGNORED

Is It Possible We've Done A Deal With Crystal Palace On The Bolasie Sell-On Clause?

LondonBristolian

We may well have done a deal through the Gayle transfer but not sure how we'd go about doing a deal now that it's fallen through.  Unless Palace have already agreed a fee with another club for Bolasie and they've let us know how much it's for so we have a guarantee of an amount we'd receive, bit risky if that's the case.  

I think our ability to spend (bid) the amounts we're talking about, without it affecting us with the ffp regulations is down to the sponsorship structure of the club. 

We may well have done a deal through the Gayle transfer but not sure how we'd go about doing a deal now that it's fallen through.  Unless Palace have already agreed a fee with another club for Bolasie and they've let us know how much it's for so we have a guarantee of an amount we'd receive, bit risky if that's the case.  

I think our ability to spend (bid) the amounts we're talking about, without it affecting us with the ffp regulations is down to the sponsorship structure of the club. 

A deal would be possible.  It'd involve Palace buying out the clause so we'd accept x amount in exchange for surrendering any previously agreed claim to future profits.   I've no idea if or how often it happens in football but certainly there's nothing to stop clubs buying out pre-agreed clauses in contracts if parties both agree to it.  In this case I can see why both sides might agree to it - we could do with the money immediately to boost our transfer kitty and they will be aware the profit will be considerably higher than anyone would have anticipated when we sold Bolasie...

A deal would be possible.  It'd involve Palace buying out the clause so we'd accept x amount in exchange for surrendering any previously agreed claim to future profits.   I've no idea if or how often it happens in football but certainly there's nothing to stop clubs buying out pre-agreed clauses in contracts if parties both agree to it.  In this case I can see why both sides might agree to it - we could do with the money immediately to boost our transfer kitty and they will be aware the profit will be considerably higher than anyone would have anticipated when we sold Bolasie...

Yep, that could be the case, which would only happen if Palace had a done deal for Bolasie, as we've seen recently, agreeing fees with a club doesn't automatically get you the player.

You can't believe unexpected income that, depending on the %, could run into millions is going to affect the budget? Fair enough.

My point is that who knows what we started bidding? This is all guesswork but most people think we aimed too high, so we were willing to pay from the off.

Sell on clauses are guesswork by fans anyway, does anyone know the percentage? Would you bet on the fact that they would sell him without clauses that reduced our take?

Bristol City just made the first duble, has a very good manager, a connected team with future, a comming stadium for PL Standards. I am sure SL doesn't want to use that stadium in second league, let's be honest... 

He can buy the lasts 10 premier league clubs if he wants to. Clearly he wants Bristol to have a PL team, the city deserve that. I am sure if Swanse did it we will make it too because it seems we have more money than they had.

Archived