IGNORED

The Train Home

Pearcy

For night games I find it easiest to catch the train which I walk from Parson Street. Being in the singing section the season before last in the Wedlock, last season in the Williams I have always had an easy exit, then walked down Winterstroke Road to the station. This season I am in the Atyeo. I am wondering which is the quickest route back to the station now? I only have about 15 mins to catch the train and it seems like it will be a longer walk then before and obviously not being able to walk around the ground doesn't help. Please help!!!

• Admin

Straight on to Winterstoke Rd opposite where Wedlock's used to be and turn right at the top.

15 minutes seems tight so you might need to break into a light jog..

I walk back after each game and hate to say am a bit confused by these instuctions, assume you meant Wedlocks Stand rather than the Wedlocks pub ?? Either way not sure it's correct??

From exiting the Atyeo Stand walk onto Ashton Road, then turn left.

Follow this road where it bends around to the left until you get to the main road. This is Winterstoke Road.

Follow this road past Gores Marsh Park (LHS), the Robins Pub (RHS), Sainsburys (RHS), keeping to the left side of the dual carraigeway as the road goes upwards.

Eventually passing the climbing centre on your left, before crossing over Luckwell Road.

Near the top of the hill the one way system becomes more visible here follow the road around to the left, you leave the main road temporarily where you will walk along Winterstoke Close.

You will then pass a bus stop, where you will see traffic lights ahead of you, here you need to cross to the right where you will see the entrance to Parson Street ahead of you

One thing I would agree with, 15 minutes won't be enough unless you really are a power walker !

Archived