IGNORED

The 3 Subs Tonight

GrahamC

ALL made an impact.

Well done to Bobby Reid, who used the ball excellently, Wes Burns gave the left back a difficult time and Agard, who attracts some serious criticism on here, was very good, one superb finish and more of a threat in half an hour than Kodjia was in 60.

Still don't think we are anywhere near as good as we'll need to be to avoid a relegation scrap but that first point feels good.

Agard is underrated by many city fans I reckon. When he was in form for city last season, he showed his class. And scoring tonight is very promising. Might well yet be a goal scorer at this level.

Often thought SC is poor how he uses subs - got it very right today.

I half think somewhere in his soul he thinks those here last year know what he expects, and big signings excepted, would quite like his first 11 from last year back on the pitch for now.

I agree all made a positive impact.  Burns put some great crosses in, Reid was reasonably involved and passed well, Agard worked hard and got a very well finished goal.

I wouldn't start any of them though.  Chasing a game at home is a very different situation and a bit of a no lose gamble for a sub.  

When you look back - we actually dominated the first 40 minutes until the awful set piece, stupid decision by Fredericks and stunning dive by the Leeds cheat.  We created lots of chances and Robinson did well in Freeman's role aside from getting knocked about a bit too much.  

Fredericks looks like he isn't there quite yet but we have to give him a chance.  Whilst Burns is good going forward when chasing he isn't going to help you much defensively.  Reid could do with more game time and may develop but we need a signing to replace Pack and Agard is a hard worker but Kodjia looks a class above to me.  Yes he missed a few but it will come together and he is getting into dangerous positions all the time which is most of the battle.

There were positives in this game and in the last one as well for me.

I actually would start Reid away from home.. We desperately need to improve our midfield.. For me Pack & Smith are too slow so to have Bobby makes it more mobile.

Playing to man in the whole is not necessary away from home especially when most of us would take a point now.

Well, never been a great fan of Reid but I thought he was tremendous when he came on. Got stuck in and was calm and assured on the ball. Burns also put in a shift but still need convincing on him I fear. Doesn't impose himself enough for me. Decent crosses though and better out wide than in the middle - if he can concentrate on developing in that position wouldn't give up on him just yet. Agard took his goal well and hopefully can build confidence from that.

Flint back to his immense form, Joe just 'wow' again and while running on empty for the last 15 minutes kept going unlike vs Brentford. Got to love Luke...maybe lacking a bit of pace but never a lost cause.

Jonathan, I'll give him time hopefully will soon show us he's a natural goal scorer.. in this league though you've got to take half chances let alone gift 'one on one's'.

Got to say, based on Brentford and Leeds games, the Championship is a totally different class to League 1. Fantastic, exciting, attractive football. If Bristol based fans can't be arsed to get off their backsides for this - win, lose or draw - then SL might as well give up.

Archived