IGNORED

Fighting In The Atyeo

stogursey red

Shared with me, I go to football for moments like the flint goal, when the whole stand goes ******* nuts and you lose your bearings, the memory becomes a blur... The atyeo had one of those moments on Wednesday and it was pure class, I honestly don't care there was 10 drunk blokes on the pitch, a few were probably on there because they rushed to the front and had to stop themselves getting crushed against the barrier!

Same here didn't bother me, what did bother me was children being upset by the action of a complete *****. I take it the club has been informed.

you guys are all pretty spot on tbh! it was my group this lad started on. One of our group told him to shut Up and be more respectful as there was more to life than football after hearing him sing about galatasary in the first half then again in the second which is when my lot said something. He then decided to try punch my mate but then decided to start on everyone who had a problem with his behaviour after realising he wasn't going to get to my mate. As for the guy he punched and tried to kick down the stairs, he did well not to retaliate FairPlay to him, he did nothing wrong just tried to calm the guy down.

Spoke tho the kiddy who he hit and said mate i really hope your gonna smash that knobs head in he said iv just come back from a 3year ban as much as I want to smack him it's not worth me getting banned again .... Hope he sees him away from football tho

Two things:

Is anyone surprised that we've got idiot supporters?

Is anyone surprised that the stewards 'turned a blind eye' to this?

As the saying goes: The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

On the pitch = Ban.

We all know it's an offence!

They do it once, no action taken...... they'll do it again, only next time more will follow.

This could result in a fine or worse, a points deduction, which by the looks of it is the last thing we could do with this difficult season.

On the pitch = Ban.

We all know it's an offence!

They do it once, no action taken...... they'll do it again, only next time more will follow.

This could result in a fine or worse, a points deduction, which by the looks of it is the last thing we could do with this difficult season.

Ridiculously Draconian, it was purely celebration in extremely unusual circumstances.

Banning fans for over exuberance is not the way forward.

An announcement before the Burnley game to remind fans of the ultimate sanction is in order though because it obviously can't become a habit.

As encroaching on the playing goes, Weds night's shenanigans were as harmless as they come. Everyone knows that doing so is not allowed but it was just one of those moments where the excitement got the better. No harm done. Singing songs at Leeds about Galatasaray, on the other hand, is bang out of order.

Going on the pitch is a criminal offence under the Football (offences) act 1991. Ok the act was created in a different time and probably needs updating. Yes it wasn't that many and yes they were celebrating a dramatic equaliser but it was still a criminal offence. What would have happened for instance if some Leeds fans, and lets face it who arent known to be placid', had taken umbrage at 'our' invasion and made one of their own. It could have esclated very quickly. People moan about The Police, The Government, Bristol Sport, Dave Lloyd, stewarding and the such like but things like this are not going help matters in giving supporters more leeway and the men in suits loosening their grip

Just had time this morning to watch the highlights from the Leeds game. ( I didn't attend the other night).  Are people serioulsy getting worked up by 4 or 5 lads encroaching a few yards on to the pitch having scored in the last secounds of a game to complete a great come back to congratulate the players.

Also fair play to the lad who confronted the idiot who was singing songs about Galatasy(sp) , good on him.

Just had time this morning to watch the highlights from the Leeds game. ( I didn't attend the other night).  Are people serioulsy getting worked up by 4 or 5 lads encroaching a few yards on to the pitch having scored in the last secounds of a game to complete a great come back to congratulate the players.

Also fair play to the lad who confronted the idiot who was singing songs about Galatasy(sp) , good on him.

My first reaction to seeing it was, "fair play"(think it was ailing that even hugged one of the fans before celebrating with the rest of the lads) followed by instant dread at the thought of the possibility of a points deduction for the club..... Fine we can deal with, points deduction of x (think it's a maximum of 15 of the top of my head) we really can not deal with.....

Ridiculously Draconian, it was purely celebration in extremely unusual circumstances.

Banning fans for over exuberance is not the way forward.

An announcement before the Burnley game to remind fans of the ultimate sanction is in order though because it obviously can't become a habit.

We all jumped about like idiots in the Atyeo when the second went in. Nothing wrong with those lads celebrating as well, just keep off the pitch !

If it happens again, the chances are the F.A. will apply pressure on the club to do something about it.

The chances are the goodwill that currently exists will then be withdrawn. We can then expect to see the end of our unreserved seating section and standing.

KEEP OFF THE PITCH - simple really isn't it ?

We all jumped about like idiots in the Atyeo when the second went in. Nothing wrong with those lads celebrating as well, just keep off the pitch !

If it happens again, the chances are the F.A. will apply pressure on the club to do something about it.

The chances are the goodwill that currently exists will then be withdrawn. We can then expect to see the end of our unreserved seating section and standing.

KEEP OFF THE PITCH - simple really isn't it ?

My point is there was no aggression, it didn't stop play, and was probably a one off due to the circumstances.

Hard to believe anyone would want to see young City fans banned for a few moments of over excitement - an announcement and warning would suffice.

My point is there was no aggression, it didn't stop play, and was probably a one off due to the circumstances.

Hard to believe anyone would want to see young City fans banned for a few moments of over excitement - an announcement and warning would suffice.

Nobody (to my knowledge) is saying they want to see these lads banned. Just pointing out they should not go on the pitch again.

I am guessing that is what the announcement you are referring to will say ?

Nobody (to my knowledge) is saying they want to see these lads banned. Just pointing out they should not go on the pitch again.

I am guessing that is what the announcement you are referring to will say ?

Post #64 GB.

And yes, a strong reminder is definitely in order.

As I said it can't become a habit.

Can we not just cut to the chase and ban anyone who's not even slightly interested in eating prawn sandwiches at football.

Rowlocks, no one suggesting that. A bloke starting on fellow fans and throwing punches? Blokes on the pitch (in August) making us look small time and risking a points deduction? Seriously you're defending that?

They barely got on the pitch FFS.  It's not like the pitch invasion v the Gas or even Coventry last season.  Sky currently like showing Bournemouth's pitch invasion from last season when virtually the whole crowd ran on, but some think that about 10 blokes jumping the fence for about 20 seconds means we'll get a points deduction.

Agree that we won't but it is a sanction that can be imposed, how about the comment that it was pointless and makes us look tinpot? Draw with Leeds in August ffs. Embarrassing.

Wel, in a way I agree, but it was as much to do with the way the draw happened. Two late goals and all that, which led to the excitement. Yes, remind fans, if they can be identified a strong warning, but let's not over react to what it was.

Wel, in a way I agree, but it was as much to do with the way the draw happened. Two late goals and all that, which led to the excitement. Yes, remind fans, if they can be identified a strong warning, but let's not over react to what it was.

Agree, warning. I just can't grasp pitch invasions in August?

Agree, warning. I just can't grasp pitch invasions in August?

If we'd equalised in the 73rd minute, say, then I very much doubt a pitch invasion - if you can call it that - would have occurred. Just exuberance from a few in reaction to two late, late goals.

I've seen that reaction from Leeds fans at Elland Road in their League One days,so it wasn't tinpot.

Rowlocks, no one suggesting that. A bloke starting on fellow fans and throwing punches? Blokes on the pitch (in August) making us look small time and risking a points deduction? Seriously you're defending that?

I'm not defending the idiot who was throwing punches but to suggest banning fans who ran on the pitch is obscene.

Had we not had such a difficult start to the season, been two nil down going into the 89th minute then I seriously doubt there would have been a pitch invasion.

And anyway surely using the term 'invasion' is a slight over exageration?

Incursion then ;) and at no point did I suggest a ban, just a stern talking to.

What, you mean a talking to from the EE'ers? They have a lot of people to talk to, Kneecap or make disappear. Pretty soon there will be gaps all over the Atyeo as more and more internal justice is applied.

I think that those who ran onto the pitch should be banned for life. For an equalizer in August, that is SO tinpot, they are obviously Gas! :gasmask:

Seriously though, they should be identified and spoken to, otherwise there is a risk they will think that their actions are fine, and will continue to encroach in this way and cost us valuable points, no dount they think they are more important than the 14,000 fans who can control themselves enough to celebrate in the stands. 

Archived