IGNORED

Phone In

fanjita

Used to love a bit of Graham Torrington's LNL. When I lived in Devon, I was overjoyed to find it was broadcast on Gemini down there as well as GWR up here.

Some right sad sacks that rang him up, used to have a radio hidden in a stuffed teddy so I could listen without waking the parents... good times.

Used to love a bit of Graham Torrington's LNL. When I lived in Devon, I was overjoyed to find it was broadcast on Gemini down there as well as GWR up here.

Some right sad sacks that rang him up, used to have a radio hidden in a stuffed teddy so I could listen without waking the parents... good times.

Was the stuffed teddy infact a bunny?

Well for a start it isn't journalism. Secondly it gives a voice to thousands of people who were there (or not)... just very few choose to use it.

No it isn't journalism, that was my point.  Instead of having some journalism and people reporting on games, we get the random thoughts of members of the public, including people who haven't been at the game but feel qualified to express their opinion on it.  Don't get me wrong, phone in shows are fine as light entertainment later in the evening, although you do need a decent host, but for goodness sake - straight after the game?!  That is poor, very poor. That is the time for some decent sports reporting, not cheap flim flam.

No it isn't journalism, that was my point.  Instead of having some journalism and people reporting on games, we get the random thoughts of members of the public, including people who haven't been at the game but feel qualified to express their opinion on it.  Don't get me wrong, phone in shows are fine as light entertainment later in the evening, although you do need a decent host, but for goodness sake - straight after the game?!  That is poor, very poor. That is the time for some decent sports reporting, not cheap flim flam.

How much more do you want to hear about a game you just heard?

Archived