IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Dastardly and Muttley

How good is it to see a Bristolian becoming our star player.

Well done Joe, hopefully the academy can produce more stars.

Just saw an interesting stat about Joe on Twitter as well, he's never lost a Football League game in which he's scored. Good stat to have and hopefully one that will stay for a while as he keeps adding to his tally.

COYR

After being injured at Sheffield Weds I was surprised to see him back for Brentford, but he didn't look match fit. Same against Leeds. He doesn't score that many so I expect his goal has given him a real lift and nothing like a bit of positivity to make you feel fitter too.

Another important thing, even though its such early days in the season, is that it looks like we are spreading the goals throughout the team again. Great to have 20+ goal scorer, but if that's all you got and he dips form or is injured you are stuffed.

I was going to post something like this,, I wonder what his transfer value would be in this age of 9 million for an above average championship striker? Looking forward to seeing the goal later too.

Let's hope we never find out.

Good cricket team though. Got St Brendan's all out for 4.

I'm an ex Brendan's boy, not the 6th form place that's there now, and we were only interested in one sport Aiz. Cricket was just something to do during the rugby close season.

4 all out is pretty 5hit though! :facepalm:

At 21 he's pretty more the focal point in our team. Says it all really.

I must agree. The fact our title winning back 4 were back together for the first time this season and claimed our first clean sheet can't be overlooked either.

The good thing is, most teams play 4 at the back. So would clubs be willing to gamble on a player to play left back who never plays there? I believe joe would be a brilliant left back as he looks like he can defend fine, he just every now and then is caught due to his artacking responsibilities. But makes it an even bigger gamble for clubs who would have to bid ridiculous money to prize him away from an owner as rich and as ambitious as ours. Cannot see him going.

Correct!

We used to give them some problems on the way home from school when we met on the bombed site where the multi storey car park is now behind the Colston Hall. BGS Forever.

Bristol Grammar were 5hit as well! Used to love smashing them into the mud!

Sancti Brendani ruled school rugby, end of.

Fantastic goal. Ball comes across his body and then the finish on his 'weaker' right foot.

If he is again one of our stand-out players this term then you could certainly see some serious interest in him next summer.

Not all that easy to come by those quality left-sided English players...

Fantastic goal. Ball comes across his body and then the finish on his 'weaker' right foot.

If he is again one of our stand-out players this term then you could certainly see some serious interest in him next summer.

Agree; he's undoubtably in a few top flight minds already. Delighted he signed a contact extention this summer; hope he sticks with us a while longer.

Rubbish. Henbury ruled the football and rugby sports fields of Bristol.

The posh schools wouldn't play us :-)

Very true. Always new QEH were scared of facing a real team. ;)

Yeah, they were equally scared of our spelling! ;-)

On the Joe Bryan front, if he isn't playing for England in two years I'll eat my school cap. One of the most accomplished and talented footballers to play for us. Simply superb.

Surprising number of oversized brawlers at BGS in my day in fact, and very strong, aggressive and successful Rugby teams.

Saw some atrocious injuries and also witnessed one of the House Masters breaking a boy's leg when getting carried away and crunching him demonstrating a tackle.

As for being a posh school, bit of a fallacy - a large number were actually ordinary lads from Knowle, Downend, Kingswood etc. who just happened to pass the 11+/entrance exam.

Big and active support for BCFC too, many still going 40+ years later.

Too true.

The point was well made by Brendan Mitchell when England U21s last played that a lot of inferior players at "bigger" clubs seemed to be selected instead of him.

• Admin

Too true.

The point was well made by Brendan Mitchell when England U21s last played that a lot of inferior players at "bigger" clubs seemed to be selected instead of him.

I'd be interested to know what nationality Joe views himself as considering he accepted a Scotland U21 call up but had to withdraw through injury. Does he view himself as Scottish or did he at the time think there was no chance of representing England in the future?

Guest RedTime1

Excellent young talent..makes it even more satisfying watching him that he's a Bristol lad..hopefully City can continue to develop to match his ambition! :chant6ez:

he must have remembered his dads words.play it like you are passing it. yes,just like the gas goal. quality!!!!

i hope he stays another season or two ,at least get established in this league before moving on but i think an irresistable offer will come in, just like for the ox when at southampton. these two strike me as very similar in their energy,drive and ambition,chase everything and make a nuisanceof themselves even if they cant win the ball and a right handful when they do

Watching the last couple of Liverpool games and seeing that they didn't have a single leftie in their side with a rookie centre half playing left back, the thought came to me that they may show an interest in Joe at some point what with SOD being there now. At a higher level, I can see him being more of a left back than left midfield.

Watching the last couple of Liverpool games and seeing that they didn't have a single leftie in their side with a rookie centre half playing left back, the thought came to me that they may show an interest in Joe at some point what with SOD being there now. At a higher level, I can see him being more of a left back than left midfield.

Is he good enough defensively for left back in the Prem though (in your opinion)?

Ex spinis uvas indeed! That QEH lot were never a patch on us old Bristolienses!

Sit clarior, sit dignior,

quotquot labuntur menses:

Sit primus nobis hic decor,

Sumus Bristolienses.

Despite not being able to play football for the first 3yrs at BGS we fielded very good 1st & 2nd XI teams from the 4th year onward (or lower removes, depending on when you were there!) - I certainly remember being involved, albeit not scoring for a change, when we beat Millfield on their own patch.

Sumus Bristolienses.

Despite not being able to play football for the first 3yrs at BGS we fielded very good 1st & 2nd XI teams from the 4th year onward (or lower removes, depending on when you were there!) - I certainly remember being involved, albeit not scoring for a change, when we beat Millfield on their own patch.

Pompei adsum jam forte,

Caesar ad erat.

Sumus Bristolienses.

I worked at BGS for 2 years. Used to scare the crap out of me when they yelled QUOT QUOT!! When they sang the song :o

Archived