IGNORED

Matej Vydra (The Merging Goes Here)

citywest30

Thanks to Fordy, the latest name from Nixon that we are interested in is Vydra.

Personally would be happy with this.

Grr stupid phone changed his name in the title. Mods could you correct please.

Be more than happy with this; bags of experience at this level (including a promotion), good goal scoring record, and imagine this would be a loan (due to his signing for Warford only this summer), so would avoid all this "how much!?" nonsense over his transfer fee!

No, the rumours are that Watford were forced to buy him due to a clause in his loan contract. They didn't necessarily want him.

Initially it was said to be a loan, but Watford have since changed their tune.

Did notice he was on the bench for their first game, but not the second one, so maybe is being ushered out.

Realise people are saying bigger boys will be interested, but who are the teams they mean? No argument we're not going to be the most attractive option, but thing that's worth thinking about is that not many have the money we do - or at least that we seem willing to spend.

Forest were mentioned earlier this week as being linked, but they have zero spending power. And don't imagine the likes of Burnely will be spending similar again, after splashing on Gray, while Boro and others have spent or have their line ups sorted.

Guess we'll see...

I actually think we might have a chance with them if it's a permanent move.  Forest, Blackburn and someone else are under transfer embargoes so can't bid, Burnley and Boro have their strikers in place and I think it's only now us, Brentford and Hull who are known to be in the market for a striker and have money to spend.  I imagine Brentford would appeal 'cos it was local but, if they and Hull don't bid, it's not immediately clear to me what other options Vydra would have.

Plus Vydra's a bit different to Gray - Gray's a young lad on a rapid upward trajectory.  Vydra's had a couple of moves to the Premier League that haven't worked out so he might be happy to get first-team football, score goals and feel valued. 

I don't necessarily think this is likely but I find it more plauisble Vydra would say yes than Gayle or Gray...

Aren't we forgetting one thing... If we couldn't agree terms with Gray what chance do we have with Vydra?!?!

Hoping we would be willing to fork out more in wages to someone with such a prolific record in this league but would still be amazed to see it happen.

Also another player that would attract clubs once confirmation of a bid comes out.

Archived