IGNORED

Prediction League: Burnley (H)

RedYoshi

Bristol City v Burnley  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

THE MORE I FIND OUT THE LESS THAT I KNOW.

BLACK AND WHITE IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

BUT ANDRE GRAY IS THE STRIKER I SEE.

Yep. He'll be back, just like Arnie.

Last time out, I mentioned how he scored against us, and may soon play for us.

Instead, he's now playing against us yet again, and may score against us too, again.

Meanwhile, I also mentioned Adomah as playing against us in the last match, but he may now possibly be coming back to play for us, potentially, having lost against us when playing against us for the team against whom he had scored for us when we had played against them the last time before this last time.

See? The more I find out the less that I know.

And judging on our predictions v Middlesbrough, most of us know very little already.

Vote in the poll for:

Result

Scoreline

Half-time Scoreline

First goalscorer

Specify in a post (if desired):

Other goalscorers

Goal timings

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Our dear Joe Bryan seems very keen on composed, side footed right foot goals, curling in to the opposite top corner of the net to the left of the goalkeeper, from just inside the box. Let's see if you can be as accurate as him as you predict...

Type Of Goals Scored

This is gonna take some effort for any of you who predict a goal-fest.

1 point per specific detail

e.g.

Header: 1 point

Header from inside 6 yard box: 2 points

Header from inside 6 yard box into bottom right corner: 3 points

Header from inside 6 yard box into bottom right corner, from a free kick delivery: 4 points

Header from inside 6 yard box into bottom right corner, from a free kick delivery, with the GK getting fingers to it: 5 points

You get the picture.

PLEASE NOTE:

Number of goal type predictions must not exceed number of goals in your scoreline prediction.

Corners of net are from the goalkeeper's perspective (i.e. Bryan's was top left corner).

Maximum of infinite points available.

Include it in your post.

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE WEEKEND

Ipswich v Brighton

Correct scoreline: 2 points

Can most people vote for a loss again please? Worked really well last time.

PREDICTION DEADLINE: Whenever.A.Mod.Can.Lock.It BST, Saturday 29th August, 2015

(Again, I'm away all weekend, potentially shooting things in Estonia, so will be scuppered without lockage. Many thanks in advance.)

As it is a home game, I assume mods may be locking it a fair while before KO, so get in early to avoid disappointment.

That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

2-2

2-1 to City h/t

Wilbs to get 1st after 17 minutes, left foot strike, into bottom left corner from inside penalty area

Burnley to equalise, David Jones 41 minutes, left foot free kick from wide on right that evades everyone and ends up in bottom right corner

Kodjia to score 1 minute later (42mins), after hitting a right foot volley into an empty net after Wilbs clatters little Heaton from a Joe Bryan cross

Burnley equalise from George Boyd, in 76th minute, goalmouth melee with Boyd stabbing a left foot toe-plonk through Hamers legs.

Think I'm gonna get loads of points here....not!

Ipswich 2-1 Brighton

3-1 City

1-1 HT

Kodjia's first scorer (26 mins) a fierce right footed drive in off the post (top left corner) from the edge of the 18 yard box with the keeper rooted to the spot. Assisted by Bobby Reid. He then reels away to the corner flag and does a little dance

Burnley to equalise through Scott Arfield (39 mins) a low right side footed shot into the bottom right hand corner from the penalty spot after a pull back from Darikwa. Hamer getting a glove to it.

Kodjia will also strike again after half time (50 mins) a downward header from inside the 6 yard box into the right hand side of the net after beating Michael Keane to the ball. Assisted by Joe Bryan. He then does another dance (probably the same one as before actually) infront of the incensed Burnley fans who hurl abuse and the occasional hand gesture at him in their disgust at their teams poor defensive capabilities.

Agard to get the last goal (86 mins) after Burnley heap on the pressure a counter attack will begin with Ryan Fredericks (on as a sub for Mark Little) speeds down the right hand side. He will slot in Agard who beats the offside trap. He will then round the keep and tuck it into an empty net straight down the middle with a right footed shot from the right hand side of the 18 yard box. He will then cup his ear to the crowd in celebration before being mobbed.

Hope that was enough detail...

Wildcard - Ipswich 1-1 Brighton

Burnley goalscorers: Andre Gray x2 Type of goals: Bottom left finish from just outside the 6 yard box (on left) with right foot, top right corner from edge of box on left right foot, keeper gloved it but couldn't stop it.

Goal times: 28th min, 60th min

City goalscorer: Flint, header, mid right of the goal from corner dolman side. Goal time - 79th min

Ipswich 1 - 1 Brightion

Bristol City 2 - 2 Burnley

(HT 1-1)

Flint 14 - Corner from the Dolman Side, Flint rises above Mee like a salmon and nods a header to the centre of the goal, a foot below the bar. Heaton flapping.

Boyd 40 - Cuts in from the right and drives a low ball from the edge of the box to Hamer's bottom right corner.

Jutkiewicz 51 - Burnley get a corner and swing it in. Hamer punches but does not connect cleanly, ball pinballs around the box and Jutkiewicz gets it in off his shin.

Smith 90+2 - Injury time. Approximately 3,000 people have already left. Smith wins the ball in the centre circle.  Space opens up and he drives forward before unleashing a piledriver from 25 yards that sores into the top left corner. Ashton Gate erupts.

WILDCARD

Ipswich 2 Brighton 1

I just really like Smith and want him to score more goals.

I don't envy you having to check each one of these posts on Saturday evening.

City 1 Burnley 1 (Flint 73, Gray 9)

HT City 0 Burnley 1

Gray first goalscorer - johnny on the spot, tap in, 6 yards, centre of goal. Then runs off with his finger on his lip, tapping the Burnley badge with his other hand. All those things you hate

Flint - header from corner to goalkeepers right. 3 yards out

Ips 2 Bri 1

Kodjia right footed shot, hit at a velocity of 78.3 MPH and heading into the bottom right of the goal, deflects up off of Boyds right foot, Heaton gets a finger tip, ball hits the underside of the Barnard bounces down, Kodjia's then follows up and heads the ball down into the gaping goalmouth, central and about 4 foot above the ground. (Do I get to choose the number of points? If so then I think 100 would be nice for that scenario)

Gray shot parried by Hamer and doesn't fully cross the line before being hacked away by Williams, however the linesman and referee incorrectly decide that the ball was fully over the line and award the goal after discussing for 5 minutes. This then sparks a debate about whether goal line technology should be at all league clubs and not just the prem. Ball to be nearer the left of the goal when it is cleared. (I will be happy with just 2 points here).

Ipswich 2-2 BHA

Scorers:

Wilbraham          (53)

Taylor                 (78)

BEFTP:

Wilbraham goal: Tap in from 6 yards out coming from a cut back from Left hand side. Ball nestling in bottom right hand corner beating goalkeeper who stays rooted to the spot.

Taylor goal: Direct free kick from just outside the D (left hand side) curling high into the top right hand corner after a Flint foul for a push in the back. Hamer to then kick the ball away in disgust before giving Flint and co an earful. Cotterill to throw his water bottle at the linesman in disgust.

Wildcard:

Ipswich v Brighton

3     -       0

1st goal - In the 21st minute, a typical Joe Bryan bustling run and cross from the byline will result with Wilbraham heading the ball towards Kodjia who deflects the ball past a despairing Heaton - cue a little dance off between him and Wilbs infront of South Stand.

2nd goal - City again with a lovely passing move through midfield, resulting in a Ayling pass into box which is cooly slotted away by Agard in the 68th min.

3rd goal - Burnley hit back on the counter attack, with Gray getting ball on the edge of the box and hitting a powerful left footed shot past Hamer in the 76th min.

Ipswich 2 Brighton 1

City, 3-1, 1-1 HT,

Kodjia (First, 22', Low driven shot from edge of the area, bottom right),  

Vossen (35', 25 yard screamer into the top left corner),

Reid (61', following up a saved shot in the 6 yard area)

Flint (80', Header from a corner)

Ipswich 2 Brighton 1

Bristol City 2-1 Burnley

Kodjia 32    Gray 63

Flint 81

Kodjia: Through ball played by Pack with his right foot into Kodjia who shoots from within the 18 yard box with his right foot across the keeper into the bottom right corner.

Gray: Run down the Burnley right is crossed and the header is won by Ayling but he fails to direct it properly where Gray is lurking around the penalty spot to control the ball before placing it into the bottom left with his right foot.

Flint: In swinging corner by Bobby Reid is met with a crashing flint header which bounces before hitting the roof of the net to the goalkeepers right hand side.

Ipswich 1-1 Brighton

Scorers and times:

Wilbraham (17), Kodjia (29)

Arfield (64)

BEFTP:

Wilbraham - Header from a corner taken by Pack around the penalty spot beating the keeper to his right about a foot inside the post around chest height.

Kodjia - Fed in down the right channel by Smith, takes two touches as he moves in to the penalty area and from the right side of the penalty area, about 12 yards out under a sliding challenge by Dikarawa, he slots it past the keepers near post (left corner) along the ground.

Arfield - poor clearance from a left wing cross by Flint and Arfield picks up the loose ball about 20 yards out and rifles a shot past Hamer into the top left corner.

Wildcard:

Ipswich v Brighton

2 - 1

Just want to add, it wasn't until I read the fourth option that I was sure what we actually voting for with the last question but either way my answer remains. :)

And a further edit - Red Yoshi I think you may regret this BEFTP when it takes you numerous hours to collate the points. Could we get an extra point for estimating how long it will take you to do it? I'll go for 3 hours 16 minutes.

Bristol City 2 - 1 Burnley

(HT 1-0)

Flint 28 - Header from a corner, 6 yards out to the top left corner.

Kodjia 58 - Low shot to the bottom right from just inside the area.

Gray 84 - Following a mix up in defense, Gray breaks through and scores with a chip over a diving Hamer to the centre of the goal.

WILDCARD

Ipswich 2 Brighton 1

City win 2-1

Goals:

Kodjia 14

Flint 72

Grey 85

Goal types:

Kodjia: shoots from left hand side of pitch and goes into RH side of goal.

Flint: Corner from right headed in

Grey: tap in central.

Wildcard:

Ipswich 1-1 Brighton

Scoreline:

FT: Bristol City 2-1 Burnley

HT: Bristol City 1-Burnley

Goals:

Kodjia 16'

A.Wilbs 68'

A.Burnley.Player 47'

Goal types:

Kodjia: Bryan drives in from left.  Passes to Wilbs who is on corner of penalty box.  Wilbs finds Kodjia lurking in the D.  Kodj controls with right foot, comes inside defender, taps it back on to his right foot, gives the keeper "the eyes".  Keeper goes left (his left), Kodj goes right (his left), ball rolls like a daisy cutter over the line and eventually nestles apologetically against the net.

Wilbs: Right footed drive from edge of box after Agard pass. The crowd are too stunned by an Agard pass to react to goal.

A.Burnley.Player: Whateva.  Probably undeserved,  Almost certainly Gray.

Wildcard:

Ipswich 1-1 Brighton

City 2-1 Burnley

Kodjia (28') - Bryan plays a neat 1-2 with Bobby down the left flank, gets to the byline and cuts it back to the penalty spot where a lurking Kodjia hammers it into the roof of the net, and runs off pointing up at the South Stand before being mobbed by his teammates.

Boyd (62') - After a neat passing move, Goerge Boyd cuts in from the left touchline before powering in a low drive past Hamer's near post from just outside the area. He then attempts to shush the home fans before promptly falling on his arse amidst gales of laughter, and after a lengthy spell of treatment is taken off with a suspected broken metatarsal, to be replaced by Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Flint (81') Pack sends in an inswinging corner with his right boot and Flint rises majestically at the back post to power a header into the bottom corner. He then peels off to the opposite corner flag to be joined by the rest of his teammates in a circle miming shovelling at the turf in a choreographed routine symbolising the filling in of the huge financial hole the club is apparently facing.

Wildcard: Ipswich 2-0 Brighton

Scoreline:

FT: Bristol City 1-1 Burnley

HT: Bristol City 1-0 Burnley

Goals:

Kodjia 34

Goal types:

Kodjia: Shot, middle. Dink over goalie. Wills gets his head on a corner that goalie does well to save, but K is first to react and dinks it over him. Cotts praise goal after match, saying it was the least we deserved as we battered them and should have been three up by half time.

Wildcard:

Ipswich 2-2 Brighton

:laugh:

Hugely enjoying these literary works. Sure, I may regret it a bit when I'm analysing each and every goal down to the players' facial expressions, but to all those concerned: there's a reason why this #BEFTP is coming just before the international break...

Don't blame me if the table doesn't come out for a week.

Meanwhile, and to join my fellow formatting heroes, here's my prediction...

BRISTOL CITY 3 - 1 BURNLEY

(HT 1-1)

Arfield 12'

Wilbraham 39'

Kodjia 62'

Reid 79'

ArfieldOutside of the right foot, from central just inside the box, curling away into the bottom left hand corner, half volley, after a slight ricochet off Ayling as he tries to intercept a through ball.

WilbrahamGlancing header, on the edge of the 6 yard box, into the bottom right corner, from a Pack free kick wide on the right, taking a slight deflection off the defender on the line.

KodjiaRight foot, laces through it, top left corner (but not right in the corner), after springing the offside trap from a Reid through ball, taking two touches and slamming it home from about 16 yards.

ReidSide-footed left foot shot, calmly placed into the bottom right corner, learning from his snatched chance at Middlesbrough. About 12 yards out, to the left of the penalty spot, after a cut back from Kodjia having muscled his way past 3 defenders. Gets taken out after scoring due to a late sliding challenge, but styles it out and makes it part of his celebration.

Ipswich 2-1 Brighton

I'm off to foreign climes, but I look forward to absolutely everyone's imaginations coming true, even if that involves a rip in the space time continuum.

Mods - eternally grateful - please lock in time for kick-off! (I will be extremely suspicious of anyone who describes every goal perfectly, down to the commentary.)

Enjoy!

• Admin

Bristol City 3 Burnley 1

Kodjia (7) tap in at the Dolman side of the South Stand goal into the bottom corner after a cutback from Joe Bryan after beating 1 defender. Joe Bryan was fed the ball originally by Bobby Reid who had been passed to by Marlon Pack who won the ball in a tackle just inside the Burnley half. Ball struck by Kodjia from a little further out than the penalty spot and to the Dolman side.

Gray (47). Carbon copy of his goal for Brentford but fed by Burnley players and scored whilst wearing a Burnley shirt.

Flint (55) far post header powered into the opposite corner from a Marlon Pack corner. Corner awarded after Kodjia shot is tipped around the post.

Wilbraham (71). Header from just outside 6 yard box from Pack corner. Glanced in on the diagonal as he runs across the front post.

Ipswich 2 Brighton 1

Edit: Ian to hide in shame after raising the bar with his formatting levels only to remember whilst at work on the day of the game that he hasn't predicted yet so has to go with the mobile skin option.

Edit 2: The shame was too much...

Edit 3: Will Burnley play in their home kit as per Yoshi's post, or their away kit as per mine?

Archived