IGNORED

Good News For Aden Flint

Welcome To The Jungle

The first definitely went in at the far post Robbo. A defender on that post would have cleared it easily. As for the second, I'm not sure but there certainly wasn't anyone on the far post again.

I have never noticed it before but the gap behind Hamer was obvious today when a defender on both posts would have made the goal 'smaller'.

We never defend the far post. It's not what I was used to in my days of playing the game, but there was nothing different in our set up today from all last season. 

We never defend the far post. It's not what I was used to in my days of playing the game, but there was nothing different in our set up today from all last season. 

Fair enough Robbo. The gap behind Hamer just looked massive today and I've never noticed it before. I still can't see why we wouldn't defend both posts at set pieces though, it seems a no brainer to me.

Fair enough Robbo. The gap behind Hamer just looked massive today and I've never noticed it before. I still can't see why we wouldn't defend both posts at set pieces though, it seems a no brainer to me.

Hamer's communication with defenders worries me. Not that he was at fault for either goal to be fair. 

Another person who played well today, especially second half, was Marlon Pack. Brave on the ball and tried to take control of midfield.

That raking pass cross pitch to Bryan was exquisite, amazing spin on it.

It reminds me when Tinion used to spray those types of balls to Scott Murray.

Pack was very good today, but you can't say that right??? Also Derek played well, so unlucky not to score spectacularly.

Ayling, Bryan and Wilbs not having their best games.

Though Williams was poor at the back, but fantastic effort. I was certain the net burst from lower Dolman.

Flint was outstanding for me. Quality tackles, winner headers and muscling players off the ball constantly. Pack was more considered today and at times was patient with his build up play, selecting good options. Not that two wanna be tactical geniuses near me thought, who were screaming at him to release players or hit the long ball. If you don't control moments in this league you will be hit on the counter.

Bryan quality in the first half too from my seat.

Archived