IGNORED

Oh No, Not A Case Of "jobs For The Boys"

brady bunch

I hope our chairman stays close to the contract talks!!! as it sound like Tinman is trying to look after his old team mates a bit too much, openly saying we should keep Bell and increase the offer to Carey..

Do not know what the offer is to L Carey, but I think that once you show you are ready to up it, then every other player will ask for the same (Carey is an old mate of Tinman)

Bell has been a good player and had a late surge in fitness and form once he was close to the end of his contract - surely time for us to move on with the options we have on the left with Goodfellow, Woodmen and Brown.... but no because...... Bell is an old mate of Tinman!!)

Brian I was as big a fan as you had as a player!! please make the decsions based on what BCFC need for next season, not on spending other peoples money on your mates!

Guest mnporter2001

I agree with most of what you say Micky did play better come the end and probebly with contract talks in mind however i think tins can get the best out of micky so should stay

as for louis are defense was great on 99% of the time so dont think we should break that up also i think millen might have had something to do with the carey contract

may be wrong in your eyes but thats my view

cheers

may be wrong in your eyes but thats my view

No I respect your view point and can see what you are saying, I just think that every penny he spends on the existing squad or retaining players we have cover for. Will mean less for NEW players/strikers

depends how deep SL's pockets are!

Guest mnporter2001

hi again

the way i see it apart from the goals we were 1st in the div last year

now no one has come up or come down that i fear.

ok we need a striker ( idont rate miller ) so if roberts was to play up front which is where he should have played last season and with murray having a good pre season and back to his best we WILL get promoted so why break up the team

having said all this its up to tins to prove himself as a manager

i have heard people say we will either finish 1st or last there will be no in between next year

so heres hoping the robin will keep bobin

Hope BT is being canny in contract talks, it seems it appears he knows who he wants and does not want. Interesting to see who actually signs and who cant get what they want. Will chairman give in to BT to help him along or will he say no more thats your lot, current players or new guys choice is yours cannot have both.

Congratulations on holding back your criticism so long,of course Tinnions knowledge and understanding of the pro, game gained over the last 20 years may just help him to make informed decisions.Perhaps he sees quaities in Bell (who incidentally has held the PFA best in position slot repeatedly)such as experience,quality of delivery,and chipping-in with a few goals,qualities which may well still be useful to us.

Seem to remember a few weeks back we desperately lacked those ingredients from the left-hand side of midfield when an inexperienced young man was asked to fill that slot.

Er............you need some experienced players in the squad, with FIRST team experience outside City, and also Div 1 experience...Mickey Bell is one of the few with that...and a short term contract provides that for us...the alternative is Peacock for Chrissake!!

Guest LeicesterRed
I hope our chairman stays close to the contract talks!!! as it sound like Tinman is trying to look after his old team mates a bit too much, openly saying we should keep Bell and increase the offer to Carey..

Do not know what the offer is to L Carey, but I think that once you show you are ready to up it, then every other player will ask for the same (Carey is an old mate of Tinman)

Bell has been a good player and had a late surge in fitness and form once he was close to the end of his contract - surely time for us to move on with the options we have on the left with Goodfellow, Woodmen and Brown.... but no because...... Bell is an old mate of Tinman!!)

Brian I was as big a fan as you had as a player!! please make the decsions based on what BCFC need for next season, not on spending other peoples money on your mates!

We were a good team overall last season, and apart from chronic finishing we should have won the Div. I think Tinman is showing good sense in keeping what is a solid midfield and defence together. We have a very sound base to build on thanks to DW, and I reckon when we get a striker to team up with Gillespie we`ll be riding high in the Division.

This team has great potential.

I agree with your point that we were solid at in the first two thirds of the field, my question would be was this because of Carey and Bell? both good solid players, but not stars like Coles and Doherty, I just think that if they are not happy with the money offered, to move them on and not give in to their demands (both have taken a very good wage from us for a very long time).

We have good replacements waiting to start in Woody, Brown, Goodfellow, K Amakwah(spelling!).

I just wondered if Tinman, is letting his heart rule his head in fighting for them both to get better deals from the club, particulary publically.

I would keep all the pot of money to get a top notch striker to go alongside Roberts / Lita / Gillispie.

Archived