IGNORED

Throw Ins

P'head Red

Before i start, I was pleased with how we played yesterday, despite the defeat we're playing some really nice football, just lacking a bit of cutting edge, but i'm sure it will come. 

However, our throw ins always leave me confused, we never seem to have an idea with them, especially in the attacking half. Too many times did I see only one player down the wing from a throw in, that is until some one else runs over, but by then it's too late. I know throw ins are arguably the least important set piece, but it's something simple that we can improve on massively.

Years ago a simple cross over movement would free up a player to receive the ball but hardly any team do this now and I have no idea why,maybe its because they don't want to commit two player for a throw in and they would be out of position but isn't that counteracted by keeping position ?  

Years ago a simple cross over movement would free up a player to receive the ball but hardly any team do this now and I have no idea why,maybe its because they don't want to commit two player for a throw in and they would be out of position but isn't that counteracted by keeping position ?

The old block off!!! It still works but players wise to it in the main.

Archived