IGNORED

Sheff Wed

Londoner

With these extra strikers being brought in I think Stevie May would be available for a decent fee. Be good replacement for Wilbs

I'd be happy with Stevie May. Think he could shine here. Not as glamorous as some of the strikers we've been linked with but think he can certainly be effective as we get loads of chances and he's a decent finisher. He could be the striker we are after that could be a loan first.

I'd be happy with Stevie May. Think he could shine here. Not as glamorous as some of the strikers we've been linked with but think he can certainly be effective as we get loads of chances and he's a decent finisher. He could be the striker we are after that could be a loan first.

I'd take May; like what I've seen of him.

Yes; not as prolific in England as he was in Scotland, but is young and a very physical striker in the Wilbraham mould, and would give us more options.

I would certainly not say May was slow?! Way more pace than Wilbraham.

Agreed. Think he can play a similar role to Wilbraham while adding more pace. He's young and most likely hungry after a not so great start to his English career. If we can get him for the right price then I'm all for it. We get lots of balls into the box and he's decent in the air and can get to some of those lower crosses that Wilbs just can't get to.

Are people confused about who Stevie May is? He isn't a targetman Wilbs replacement, he's an off the shoulder striker.

He's only 5ft 10" which isn't massive for a targetman type. I'm sure people on this board are getting him mixed up with another player.

I don't think height is necessarily a requirement for Wilbs role, way more about into feet and back to goal which May is more than comfortable with. He's got a much greater sense of link up play than Wilbs imo too. 

id be happy with Stevie Wonder even if he couldnt find his way to the bench. at least we'd have 7 named on it :thumbsup:

Are people confused about who Stevie May is? He isn't a targetman Wilbs replacement, he's an off the shoulder striker.

He's only 5ft 10" which isn't massive for a targetman type. I'm sure people on this board are getting him mixed up with another player.

Not confused, know exactly who he is.

Shit 'striker' who's at Weds, signed from Inverness.

He's flopped at Weds and can barely kick a ball properly ;)

No thanks.

Next suggested player to sign who'll improve our squad (or not)?!?

Not confused, know exactly who he is.

Shit 'striker' who's at Weds, signed from Inverness.

He's flopped at Weds and can barely kick a ball properly ;)

No thanks.

Next suggested player to sign who'll improve our squad (or not)?!?

Signed from St Johnstone but the rest of what you say is debatable!

I think one season at Sheff W isn't fair to judge him on, I like what I've seen.

Signed from St Johnstone but the rest of what you say is debatable!

I think one season at Sheff W isn't fair to judge him on, I like what I've seen.

Ah yes, same shit different smell. Twas Super J's.

Whenever I've seen him live on tv or over highlights, he looks way off the pace of things.

Quality on low measure.

Archived