IGNORED

Why Was Agard Not Brought On Against Burnley?

JudgeRed

The only thing I could think of was having conceded two from corners, Cotterill didn't want to lose Wilbraham's height? But surely he would have brought him on with 15/20 minutes to go as by that stage we had nothing to lose! I thought it was unfair on Agard after his goal against Leeds.

Maybe he is still not fully fit, and with the two week break ahead, SC was keen not to set him back, in order to have him available from the start when we get back to league action.

I think it will prove interesting to see who starts the next game up top, as Kodjia now has a couple of goals on his six games, so don't think he'll be out of the first eleven, while Agard and Wilbs are such different types of players, it is difficult to imagine a straight swap.

Guess we'll have to wait until the window closes to get a better idea; may change the complexion of things again.

Maybe he is still not fully fit, and with the two week break ahead, SC was keen not to set him back, in order to have him available from the start when we get back to league action.

I think it will prove interesting to see who starts the next game up top, as Kodjia now has a couple of goals on his six games, so don't think he'll be out of the first eleven, while Agard and Wilbs are such different types of players, it is difficult to imagine a straight swap.

Guess we'll have to wait until the window closes to get a better idea; may change the complexion of things again.

Wilbs hasn't been great has he , I think he should be put on the bench for our next match .

I said the same after the Boro game. Agard was excellent against Leeds and Cotterill was full of praise for him, saying he needs to play Kodjia for an hour and Agard for 30 minutes.

Then in the next game against Boro, he brings on Burns for Kodjia and Agard doesn't get on. Didn't get on yesterday either.

A little bit strange.

Two odd ones for me;

- Why was Agard not given a run out in the last 20 or so?

- Why was Little started? I know we are down to the bones, but it is hard on him when he us so clearly not match fit.

SC rarely subs his big men. If so, Wilbs needs cover.

Another question lingering is whether Freeman is an auto stater next game?

At this rate, who is match fit? Or even just fit?

At this rate, who is match fit? Or even just fit?

Fair point.

Was just a thought, really; does seem odd that he made such a positive impact in a similar scenario last home game, yet didn't feature at all.

But he was back surprisingly early from surgery, so understand if he maybe has been feeling the effect of his rapid recovery.

I wondered the same but the man he would've replaced was still creating chances and he did score. Wilbs was still a useful outlet and I thought he controlled some tough balls well.

Tough one because Cotts' decision is only vindicated in part I suppose as we did get just the one goal.

With hindsight I'm glad. By notching at the death Kodjia has laid down the gauntlet - play me for 90. I wouldn't be surprised if next time a sub is needed Kodjia partners Agard performing Wilbs' role partly as a result.

Because he wanted to give kodjia 90 minutes!!

Wilbs would be the man to take off.

There is no law in football that says you have to have at least one big man up front. Our most threatening moves came through fast close-passing moves, not through pumping it up to a target man.

Wilbs would be the man to take off.

There is no law in football that says you have to have at least one big man up front. Our most threatening moves came through fast close-passing moves, not through pumping it up to a target man.

I do agree, as there is no rule that says you have to play two up front.

It was Wilbs that won the ball for the goal I suppose, and I can count on one hand the number of times SC has subbed his big one up front.

Wilbs hasn't been great has he , I think he should be put on the bench for our next match .

I agree- he just hasn't looked as impressive so far but I still think he's still got to be a starter ( unless we all die of shock and get a new striker  :fingerscrossed:  ) as he offers a lot more than Agard in general play. However, I do think Agard should have been introduced- didn't understand it when we were already 2-0 down.

I do think that Samo II could be right though. Possibly avoiding any potential injury to a guy not fully fit ........but who bloody knows at the moment?

Archived