IGNORED

Another reason to love German football

Welcome To The Jungle

The Bundesliga is certainly the model of what Football should be like around the World (Fans owning Clubs and social responsibility etc...).

I've been to a small number of games there over the last few years, and it's like a different world (even spoke to a few locals after a game in Stuggart who had actually heard of BCFC and remembered us in Div 1 during the 70's)

The Germans really do seem to know what they are doing with all aspects of a football day out. I was on a stag weekend in Berlin a few years ago and we decided to get the train to watch Wolfsburg vs Biedefeld.

Apart from the police being very wary of a group of about 25 English guys who got off the train it was a top experience!

Very cheap tickets, excellent stadium, safe standing, they were happy for us to sit in the stand with a pint in one hand and a mulled wine in the other! Superb atmosphere (knocked English atmospheres for six), easy to get in and out with no queues, banners welcomed for both home and away fans, effective fan segregation outside the ground, train waiting to whisk us all away.

Couldn't complain about anything except the weather, it was freezing!

And ever since, the Germans have proved time and again how great they are at attracting big crowds and generating great PR for their domestic game - as highlighted by the OP.

Great stuff!

Different attitude in England unfortunately. I feel like we desperately don't want to change, Can you imagine the shitstorm if we had flags like they allow, everyone would complain about poor view. Plus the government big wigs still view football fans as cancerous young ruffians, won't treat us as adults. It's sad, but there needs to be a serious change of attitude lest the rest of Europe and particularly Germany completely eclipse us. It won't be long.

Different attitude in England unfortunately. I feel like we desperately don't want to change, Can you imagine the shitstorm if we had flags like they allow, everyone would complain about poor view. Plus the government big wigs still view football fans as cancerous young ruffians, won't treat us as adults. It's sad, but there needs to be a serious change of attitude lest the rest of Europe and particularly Germany completely eclipse us. It won't be long.

Well we've had three home games this year with two fights and fans on the pitch. Sad really

I'd love to think that an English club and it's supporters might behave this way one day.

But I doubt it very much.

apparently villa will have a banner at Leicester at the weekend 

apparently villa will have a banner at Leicester at the weekend 

The next round of fixtures, every club in England is being encouraged to have a banner as part of a campaign to follow from German football.

so far Aston villa and swindon town supporters groups are the only ones to show support. 

Archived