IGNORED

Forgotten Man

glastonred

I've always been a fan of Wagstaff, and feel sorry that he's lost his place in the team, although I do appreciate there are more talented players in the team. I'm also very surprised that nobody has come in for him. He seems to be supportive of the team, even though he rarely gets a chance on the pitch. It must be dispiriting to only get cameo roles at the tail end of matches. Like Korey & Ayling he always pictured with a smile on his face. I really hope somebody offers him a chance to play more regularly, but I, for one, will be sorry to see him go.

I do not rate him either. League one, Mid table at best. Think we would of got shot if it were not for the low numbers of players we have.

I'm not sure if this is quite the case because I struggle to think of a fringe player in the last 5 years or more who has been at the edge of the team but always remains  really positive and someone who you know can be relied upon and never surprises you when he scores.

I'd agree that he wouldn't be your first choice in the starting 11 but I've always been pleased to see him come on as an energetic and enthusiastic sub.

Agree with the OP in that he had been an exemplary pro whilst not involved in the team. 

Waggy has never let us or himself down when called upon and I wouldn't have a problem if I heard him called out in the team at this level. 

Im amazed that no L1 side (assuming they haven't, maybe they have) have come in for him. He's a very good player at that level and still a very good age. 

I hope he stays but feels it's a shame for him not to be playing more often. I understand why he's not, for us. 

Instead of just saying "i don't rate him" which is a completely meaningless statement from a bloke sat behind a smartphone , how about pointing out his strengths and weaknesses to discuss?

actually have sone proper football debate for once? 

Go on then, point out his strengths and weaknesses! We're all waiting.

With our squad running so low, he'll get plenty of game time this season.  When we get hit by a bout of injuries, or loss of form, he'll be handed his shot.  Interesting to see if he then plays well enough to hold a place in the team.

He is energetic, useful for the occasional goal, able to play in a couple of positions, and I've always thought he's good in the tackle.

Archived