IGNORED

READING TICKETS

Redrobbin

I will of course welcome any increase in capacity. As this will boost my chance of gaining tickets. 

Surely though the club must set aside a number of tickets for non members or non season ticket holders?

No, the remaining tickets are sold to members first and non-members get what's left - if there are any.

Why don't you just buy a membership and then you won't have to worry about it? £20 for a fiver off per game, AND priority, so four games and it's paid for itself. No-brainier surely?

Why should they if demand exceeds supply for members (who've shelled out) ?

How about the first time supporter, or the dad who wants to take his kids to see the city for their first time. Is it wait a season or two more chap? 

I will be puchasing a member card for myself and two of my sons. So that is in fact a £60.00

outlay without the guarantee of a ticket for the reading game. Or any other, if as you say demand exceeds supply. 

How about the first time supporter, or the dad who wants to take his kids to see the city for their first time. Is it wait a season or two more chap? 

I will be puchasing a member card for myself and two of my sons. So that is in fact a £60.00

outlay without the guarantee of a ticket for the reading game. Or any other, if as you say demand exceeds supply. 

There are no easy answers redrobbin and I agree it is unfortunate for the scenarios you mention. But if there was no membership scheme at all, the club would be criticised for failing to identify its loyal supporters during a time when capacity is limited. If they reserved a small number for non-members, that wouldn't be fair on those who have shelled out for membership. The other benefit of the scheme is that it ensures the right people get tickets should we draw Man Utd at home in the cup, or reach Wembley, when "day trippers" might otherwise get tickets ahead of proper fans (which happened in 2008).

On balance, I believe a membership scheme is the fairest option at the current time - it also guarantees the club a revenue stream whilst also allowing regular attenders like me to save money overall.

No chip Red. I fully support and understand the membership system. Fully endorsed. 

As said I was a member for many a seasons before being a season ticket holder. 

For financal reasons (major home improvements) I had to give up my and my sons season ticket status. I will be purchasing membership cards for myself and the boys. But it's a slight shame that this may not be in place in time for the reading game (a near birthday treat for myself). 

Oh well fingers crossed! If not MK Dons / Nottingham Forest here we come!

No chip Red. I fully support and understand the membership system. Fully endorsed. 

As said I was a member for many a seasons before being a season ticket holder. 

For financal reasons (major home improvements) I had to give up my and my sons season ticket status. I will be purchasing membership cards for myself and the boys. But it's a slight shame that this may not be in place in time for the reading game (a near birthday treat for myself). 

Oh well fingers crossed! If not MK Dons / Nottingham Forest here we come!

You can buy a membership online straight away and then you will have it all sorted ready to buy Reading tickets!

Archived