IGNORED

missing programme

matt1969bcfc

Yeah, sorry about that :)

I've got loads of programmes in my loft and thought I was going to be called upon!

I don't know if you got this magazine in your loft mate? A Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia Book of football. It is out of 75 parts. Came out around 1971 costing 23p. A few years ago i took the 2nd issue out of the loft to have a read and since then i have seemed to lost it. I have looked everywhere but just cannot find it. I am a bit gutted because my late old man passed these onto me when i was in my early 20's. He got it through a football friend of his. I was hoping in the future to pass these onto my son by then they could be worth a bob or two, no idea how much they are worth nowadays. 

I don't know if you got this magazine in your loft mate? A Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia Book of football. It is out of 75 parts. Came out around 1971 costing 23p. A few years ago i took the 2nd issue out of the loft to have a read and since then i have seemed to lost it. I have looked everywhere but just cannot find it. I am a bit gutted because my late old man passed these onto me when i was in my early 20's. He got it through a football friend of his. I was hoping in the future to pass these onto my son by then they could be worth a bob or two, no idea how much they are worth nowadays. 

I haven't, sorry :-( 

This one.....?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARSHALL-CAVENDISH-BOOK-OF-FOOTBALL-PART-2-CHELSEA-COLCHESTER-DEFEAT-LEEDS-/201289376391?hash=item2eddc82287

Thanks that is the one I am after. Dunno why I didn't look on ebay in the first place. Mind you I don't use ebay much these days after being conned a few years ago. I did notice just now that 75 programmes are worth around £200. Not bad. 

Mega thread - I've already re-read it three times, and am PERSONALLY going to bring the Booker Prize committee's attention to it.

One criticism - not enough attention to obscure progammes  from yesteryear.

If you hang on a minute, I'll look in the garage and see what I can come up with.

TFR

P.S. After I've gone to this much effort, I will be expecting a good price for my 1980's Rochdale programme.

A good place to store programmes is in the sands of Egypt. It has the perfect atmosphere to facilitate preservation of documents. There are documents still being worked upon preservation wise that were found at a dump in Oxyrinchus a few years back. The documents were dumped there over 2000 years ago. There are plays by the likes of Menander, 4th century BC, that have been found and resurrected where no works by this great playwright had previously survived. Trouble was, you see, most people stored them in their attics so the plays turned to slush within a couple of centuries.

It is rumoured that Harold Carter was really looking for a programme for the opening day's games at the Flavian Amphitheatre aka the Colosseum in AD 80 in the Egyptian sands when he stumbled upon the tomb of King Tut in 1922.

A good place to store programmes is in the sands of Egypt. It has the perfect atmosphere to facilitate preservation of documents. There are documents still being worked upon preservation wise that were found at a dump in Oxyrinchus a few years back. The documents were dumped there over 2000 years ago. There are plays by the likes of Menander, 4th century BC, that have been found and resurrected where no works by this great playwright had previously survived. Trouble was, you see, most people stored them in their attics so the plays turned to slush within a couple of centuries.

It is rumoured that Harold Carter was really looking for a programme for the opening day's games at the Flavian Amphitheatre aka the Colosseum in AD 80 in the Egyptian sands when he stumbled upon the tomb of King Tut in 1922.

Post of the day.

:clapping:

TFR

Archived