IGNORED

England vs Swiss Rolls

Negan

Just having a look at our team for tonight and the midfield looks so..... dire!

Hart

Clyne Cahill Smalling Shaw

Milner Shevley Delph

OX Rooney Sterling

Then again, there isn't much to pick from these days! Especially seeing as Wilshere is always injured!

The midfield looks full of energy. Not so sure about technical ability. 

Don't think I'll ever buy into the "expert opinion" of the BBC's chief football writer or the majority of on screen pundits regarding Milner. He lacks quality, he is the Stephen Pearson of the England team. Consistent, but consistently average. There's no dynamic edge with him, just bland and predictable play.

As I type, a very tame effort comfortably saved by the keeper from Milner.

Don't think I'll ever buy into the "expert opinion" of the BBC's chief football writer or the majority of on screen pundits regarding Milner. He lacks quality, he is the Stephen Pearson of the England team. Consistent, but consistently average. There's no dynamic edge with him, just bland and predictable play.

As I type, a very tame effort comfortably saved by the keeper from Milner.

I do like Milner for the reliability and energy he brings, but I agree that what he brings is limited. The starting midfield looks full of work ethic and devoid of creativity. I also like Delph, but Andrea Pirlo he ain't. Barkley is the only centre mid player who stands out as being a creative force, but he's still very much a work in progress at international level. At the end of the day, we just don't have the quality of player in midfield that Germany or Spain or even France possess. What we have are hard working, physical players with pace out wide and so that's how we play. Is it exciting? Not really, but if we tried to play intricately possession-based football we'd get battered. I'm hopeful that we are starting to produce more technically competent players, but for now we need to play to our limited strengths

Stones needs to be played alongside either Cahill or preferably Smalling, he can then bring the ball out and into midfield starting some high temp attacks. Modern day CBs have to be a driving force behind attacks. 

Mid wilshire can ever stay fit then he can play the role he has played so well in in front of the back 4 (won 6 motm awards out of 7 games played. 

The Ox, Raheem and Barkley/lallana supporting Rooney would hopefully avoid Rooney being as isolated as he is at the moment. 

Shaw and Clyne are 2, attacking young and exciting players, and have hopefully nailed down their starting position. 

Hart 

Clyne Stones Smalling Shaw

Wilshire Henderson

The Ox Barkely Sterling

Rooney

will we ever get a formation like that with Hodgson, who is a solid but uninspiring manager. I think after the euros the FA really need to look to the future and bring in a younger manager who knows more about the modern game, someone like Eddie Howe. 

Archived