IGNORED

Agard in the u21s

Shtanley

Has Wilbs been that poor? I have only watched the home games and don't think he has been that bad, Not easy mind playing alongside Kodjia as nobody knows what he is going to do. Hopefully having Luke back will help the strikers.

Has Wilbs been that poor? I have only watched the home games and don't think he has been that bad, Not easy mind playing alongside Kodjia as nobody knows what he is going to do. Hopefully having Luke back will help the strikers.

I don't think he has looked bad as a player as such. But against Brentford (when he pretty much dropped into midfield) and away at Boro he looked like he was blowing out his arse after about 50-60 minutes.

To be honest I can see both sides of the argument. Wilbs gives us an experienced target man and that shouldn't be over looked when we are struggling. But I think the unpredictable nature of an Agard/Codger partnership excites fans more.

Needs to start with Codger, Wilbs has been poor this season.

I think its harsh to say he has been poor.. He normally plays much further up the pitch that he has had to due to Freeman being missing.

The first half of the Brentford game he looked as good as ever and got a typical Wilbraham goal.

I think its harsh to say he has been poor.. He normally plays much further up the pitch that he has had to due to Freeman being missing.

The first half of the Brentford game he looked as good as ever and got a typical Wilbraham goal.

He was wwasteful in front of goal before he scored that one though, missing at least one clear chance and one half chance. He looks knackered too easily in our games this far.

He was wwasteful in front of goal before he scored that one though, missing at least one clear chance and one half chance. He looks knackered too easily in our games this far.

Again, I think he looks knackered as he has had to bridge the gap a lot more between midfield and attack while Freeman has been missing. I am hopeful that with Freeman back he will return to last years form

I just don't like that having him up top as it encourages us to go long from the back. Yes they are long passes aimed at him as opposed to 'long ball football', but more often than not we lose the ball from punting it at Wilbs than win it, control it and play. Why do we not play out from the back?? 

I know he's got one already, but in every home game I've seen him in he just doesn't look like scoring. There was an opportunity against Burnley I can remember in the second half, where it opened up for him on the edge of the box, perfect opportunity to hit one and he did nothing and got tackled. 

I know that scoring goals isn't entirely his game, and I loved what he did for us last season and will never forget it, but I honestly believe he's a waste of a player on the pitch. Sounds harsh but there is no room for sentiment in football.

Again, I think he looks knackered as he has had to bridge the gap a lot more between midfield and attack while Freeman has been missing. I am hopeful that with Freeman back he will return to last years form

That maybe so, but perhaps he should be using his experience to guide and command our younger players into position. After all, that is what a captain should do, rather than try to do it all by himself.

That maybe so, but perhaps he should be using his experience to guide and command our younger players into position. After all, that is what a captain should do, rather than try to do it all by himself.

Is it that easy to do in a game situation though? I would think it would need coaching into them. It seems that we always look for a scapegoat when things go wrong.. last season it was Agard, this season Wilbs.

I guess we will be able to tell more in the next few games now that the squad will be settled.

Is it that easy to do in a game situation though? I would think it would need coaching into them. It seems that we always look for a scapegoat when things go wrong.. last season it was Agard, this season Wilbs.

I guess we will be able to tell more in the next few games now that the squad will be settled.

I agree, though I'm struggling to think what went wrong last season?! I don't think Agard played at Oxford did he?!

We drew a few, lost to Colchester, Crewe, Sheff Utd etc.. there were plenty of calls to play JET instead of Agard

and justifiably so IMHO.

id actually prefer to see Kodjia up top alone with Robinson playing in a floating row, helping out midfield and partnering Kodjia on the counter. Pace, intelligence and with Freeman somewhere around there I see goals.

So effectively going 3511

We drew a few, lost to Colchester, Crewe, Sheff Utd etc.. there were plenty of calls to play JET instead of Agard

Yeah, I was being facetious really. JET was unlucky not to play more last season, but the work that Agard puts in is important in my opinion and JET and Freeman tended to take up similar positions. If Agard starts with Kodjia, he can drop right, Freeman can push up left and it gives us the option of going 343 mid-game

Archived