IGNORED

Birmingham City vs Bristol City match preview

tomhbcfc

Hi All,

I have just completed my writing of a match preview for today's fixture, I would greatly appreciate if people took the time out of their day to read it, and as always any feedback is always good - do you agree with the team line up? What do you think about the opposition section?

Here is the link: https://bristolcitytom.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/birmingham-city-vs-bristol-city-match-preview/

I also just want to point out that if you enjoy the posts, please don't hesitate to give the site a follow whether that be by email or wordpress. I don't get any money from people following so I'm not asking for that reason, it's more a case of if you like the posts then I believe you will get an email notification each time I post (usually once per week). For me personally, it's also nice to see people are acknowledging the work by giving the blog a follow, or leaving a like on the post.

Thanks, Tom

I can accept this just so long as you haven't mentioned the weather conditions in Birmingham, or within a 60 mile radius.

If Havanatopia doesn't object either, you have a goer.

TFR

I don't mean for this to be a match thread more a post on a match preview will edit title if possible to say (not a match thread) Thanks Cobbsoldun for the comment!

Hi All,

I have just completed my writing of a match preview for today's fixture, I would greatly appreciate if people took the time out of their day to read it, and as always any feedback is always good - do you agree with the team line up? What do you think about the opposition section?

Here is the link: https://bristolcitytom.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/birmingham-city-vs-bristol-city-match-preview/

I also just want to point out that if you enjoy the posts, please don't hesitate to give the site a follow whether that be by email or wordpress. I don't get any money from people following so I'm not asking for that reason, it's more a case of if you like the posts then I believe you will get an email notification each time I post (usually once per week). For me personally, it's also nice to see people are acknowledging the work by giving the blog a follow, or leaving a like on the post.

Thanks, Tom

A well written piece, very informative and enjoyable to go through. Agree with all of your analytical points except for the line up which I unfortunately think will include Wilbraham over Agard.

I don't mean for this to be a match thread more a post on a match preview will edit title if possible to say (not a match thread) Thanks Cobbsoldun for the comment!

On a scale of 1 to serious, I'm pretty sure @Taxi for Rennie's comment would come somewhere between "pink unicorn" and "lava lamps", so I wouldn't worry.

That said, he may be quite competitive when it comes to lava lamps...

(Will have a read in a bit)

Promising stuff @tomhbcfc, good read all round.

Occasional bits of spelling/typos that would benefit from closer proof-reading (e.g. whereas is one word, not two, and in the conclusion: "Liam Moore and Nathan Baker are sure [to] strengthen us defensively") but these aren't exactly major issues when it comes to the content - which is great - and are likely to improve the more you write.

Same sort of thing with sentence structure at times. Worth a double or triple check once written to see if it flows as you intend. For instance, I'd probably change the following:

"Our away form has been respectable to say the least, having lost on the opener 2-0 to Sheffield Wednesday, we bounced back 2 weeks later to beat title favourites Middlesbrough 1-0 away – an indication that our squad can compete with the best."

to:

"Our away form has been respectable to say the least, having bounced back from our opening 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday to beat title favourites Middlesbrough 1-0 two weeks later - an indication that our squad can compete with the best."

Those sort of things are entirely subjective, of course, and many would change mine as well, but the phrase "...having lost on the opener..." is certainly not what you want, I suspect..!

Top work though. Merely trying to be constructive, don't mean to criticise unnecessarily. Definitely on the right track.

Thanks Tom- a good read and hope you're right about the team selection. Bobby has done enough to deserve a start but not at the expense of Freeman so can only see him on the bench. I also can't see any option than to bring Baker & Moore straight in either side of Flint.

As for your "sturdy 20th position" - made me laugh but you're right!

Archived