IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Champions Match Day Thread

Worrying times...defence is awful. Many thought Flint was going to be a dominant player in this league but it's not working out that way. Surely we need a plan b and change of formation

one offside and one pen that should not have been given - no luck at all at the moment!! Pack hits the post instead of creeping in to make it 2-2

Everyone knows it's a tough league but the frustration comes from having the backing and development that we shouldn't be a bottom 6 team!

Really? 

In what way? Second smallest ground in the division, a budget that struggles to attract players, look at it realistically, we aren't playing Fleetwood or Crewe any more..

Worrying times...defence is awful. Many thought Flint was going to be a dominant player in this league but it's not working out that way. Surely we need a plan b and change of formation

Flint's been doing fine in the games I've seen. Giving debuts to 2 new central defenders today was always going to be risky.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 1

Well. What to say really...

as has been so often the case, they haven't been 2 goals better than us. They look dangerous down the wings but I wonder if we're standing off them too much and inviting them into the area. 

I haven't been too keen on Baker this first half, Moore looks more comfortable on the ball. 

Kodjia has been good and bad. 

From 120 yards away, slightly obscured by other players, there was no way that was a penalty. 

Dont rule out a Leeds style comeback here. On the flip side, don't rule out a couple more for them. They've taken every chance. 

Sounds like Brum are like Brentford were, knowing all the tricks to get the upper hand. We either are very naive and inexperienced in the championship or are too nice. No doubt Brum are a good side but they have used other methods to be this far ahead

Sounds a bit like Chelsea that remark.. at least we are emulating them right now.

And, at least we are still dominating games.. just need to start winning them!

Meanwhile normal service is resumed over at player.. a busted flush that hardly ever works. cancelling my sub again and that will be it for that piece of carp.

Worrying times I fear and our lack of strengthening in the window ( for whatever reason ) is coming home to roost. We cannot always blame luck, the ref, the opposition cheating - we are really not very good. Why did anyone think Flint would cut it at this level - he reminds me of McCombe - good in the air but clumsy and painfully slow. Wilbs was always going to struggle at this level and our midfield is average on a good day. Like some others on here I will breathe a sigh of relief if we stay up. On a positive note the French signing looks a good one !

Well 20 minutes in, 2 goals down, I have to be honest I am starting to feel very uncomfortable about this season. I'd love to be able to say it's an easy fix but we're not scoring enough and even with a 5-3-2/3-5-2 we're leaking goals. Needs to be a serious change before it gets to a situation where we can't recover, the problem is realistically what do we change?!

'We're not scoring enough'. We've scored in every game apart from one...

• Like 1

Worrying times I fear and our lack of strengthening in the window ( for whatever reason ) is coming home to roost. We cannot always blame luck, the ref, the opposition cheating - we are really not very good. Why did anyone think Flint would cut it at this level - he reminds me of McCombe - good in the air but clumsy and painfully slow. Wilbs was always going to struggle at this level and our midfield is average on a good day. Like some others on here I will breathe a sigh of relief if we stay up. On a positive note the French signing looks a good one !

It's only worrying according to your expectations. Look at who we have played; Brum (pending) in the form of their lives, MBoro - many people's tip, Sheffield Weds - free scoring forum, Brentford - many's outside tip, Burnley - largely prem squad and Leeds - solid championship fare. 

Have you really not seen enough so far across some very tough games that once we start playing lesser opposition we should tick along nicely. 

Worrying if you expected playoffs, but if you were reasonable about our opening fixtures I think our performances have been encouraging. Maybe I have my head in the sand but we're trying to go toe to toe with these established side and so they are going to be open affairs. Says a lot that it's hard to rule us out of this game already. 

Sorry, but that's nonsense.

• Like 2