IGNORED

Agard?

John Galley

I think he helps us to defend, by closing down opposition players. Surely,for this reason alone he should be back in the side.

For me it's like putting a centre half in for his goal scoring ability. I want a centre forward to play because of his ability to cause the other team problems not because of what he gives us defensively. I guess this was why I was a big Jet fan while others weren't 

For me it's like putting a centre half in for his goal scoring ability. I want a centre forward to play because of his ability to cause the other team problems not because of what he gives us defensively. I guess this was why I was a big Jet fan while others weren't 

we don't have a problem with scoring though! 

but if you're playing a striker just because of his ability to defend we soon will have.

lets just stick with Wibs then, that seems to be working well for the team!  Or we could try Agard, hopefully continue to score as we are at present. And potentially concede fewer.  I know which I would prefer. 

lets just stick with Wibs then, that seems to be working well for the team!  Or we could try Agard, hopefully continue to score as we are at present. And potentially concede fewer.  I know which I would prefer. 

Sarcasm.......brilliant

I said I wouldn't criticise him for playing Agard however if it's simply to improve us defensively as you implied then I think that's wrong. If that's the reason stick Wagstaff in and have an extra midfielder, he will run all day. If Agards a better striker then play him, if he's simply a better defender then something's wrong.

Cheers

Sarcasm.......brilliant

I said I wouldn't criticise him for playing Agard however if it's simply to improve us defensively as you implied then I think that's wrong. If that's the reason stick Wagstaff in and have an extra midfielder, he will run all day. If Agards a better striker then play him, if he's simply a better defender then something's wrong.

Cheers

That fact that he works hard doesn't just help the defence though. It puts pressure on their defenders which means more giving the ball away and opportunities to turn the ball over in their half which is where a lot of goals are scored from. 

Archived