IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

5 hours on and I’m confident both fighters knew the result before they started. Never seen Fury high fiving an opponent mid fight before. Wonder why. Definitely fixed. 

These things are all fixed. The YouTuber fights involving “ professionals” too. All they are interested in is making money. I find it unbelievable that people buy into it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Couldn’t be that Fury took Ngannou lightly, along with plenty of others? 

That's exactly what happened. Fury didn't look like he'd trained for the fight at all. Billy Joe Saunders says Tyson's too surrounded by yes men, and that certainly appears to be the case as he pisses away any legacy.

Fair play to Ngannou, he was as basic as you'd expect and gassed hugely, but stuck to the task.

Edited by Stortz

26 minutes ago, Stortz said:

That's exactly what happened. Fury didn't look like he'd trained for the fight at all. Billy Joe Saunders says Tyson's too surrounded by yes men, and that certainly appears to be the case as he pisses away any legacy.

Fair play to Ngannou, he was as basic as you'd expect and gassed hugely, but stuck to the task.

It was always a risky match because of Ngannou’s power. Very odd to have signed for Usyk before this fightweek began.

It’s very entertaining for an MMA fan though.

• Admin

Fortunately I missed the circus last night, sounds like an embarrassment to the sport 

Saudi contract runs out at the end of March so if Fury is to fight Usyk it's going to be before then 

Fury is going to use the cut on his head as the excuse for calling off the December bout, and let's be honest there's not a chance in the world he'd beat Usyk on last night's display 

Him and his dad seem more interested in these stupid press conferences and social media videos, they're clearly more suited to the joke event that was staged a few weeks ago 

The icing on the cake has to be the fact his shorts didn’t fit Fury, he shouldn't concentrate on training and getting in shape in the future 

Am I the only one that can't stand the dead atmosphere at theses Saudi boxing events?. No chanting or singing, just people going ohh or woah when a punch comes close or connects.

It all seems soulless and like a morgue compared to other boxing meccas 

I went to the first 2 Fury Wilder fights and the atmosphere left Saudi for dead 

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Am I the only one that can't stand the dead atmosphere at theses Saudi boxing events?. No chanting or singing, just people going ohh or woah when a punch comes close or connects.

It all seems soulless and like a morgue compared to other boxing meccas 

I went to the first 2 Fury Wilder fights and the atmosphere left Saudi for dead 

There is a video doing the rounds of a guy at the boxing, as most of the earlier bouts were in a different arena people were just sat around inside and outside of the main arena

He commented how poor the atmosphere and attendance was, but how cleverly people were seated to make it look a better experience on TV

• Like 1

• Admin

Saw this on Twitter 

📋 Boxing Schedule Still To Come In 2023:

🥊 Joe Cordina vs Edward Vazquez

🥊 Shakur Stevenson vs Edwin De Los Santos

🥊 Emanuel Navarrete vs Robson Conceicao

🥊 Nick Ball vs Isaac Dogboe

🥊 Franck Petitjean vs Adam Azim

🥊 Diego Pacheco vs Marcelo Coceres

🥊 Chantelle Cameron vs Katie Taylor II

🥊 David Benavidez vs Demetrius Andrade

🥊 Michael Conlan vs Jordan Gill

🥊 Hamzah Sheeraz vs Liam Williams

🥊 Ryan Garcia vs Oscar Duarte

🥊 Regis Prograis vs Devin Haney

🥊 Chris Billam-Smith vs Mateusz Masternak

🥊 Jake Paul vs TBC

🥊 Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez vs Sunny Edwards

🥊 Naoya Inoue  vs Marlon Tapales

Loads of big announcements in the next couple of days.

Deontay Wilder is in London for the presser for this card tomorrow:

Interested to see who gets the broadcast in the UK- I thought Riyadh Season was exclusive to Queensbury and TNT, but I'm not sure DAZN would want Joshua on there given their contract. Could be a joint one I guess. It's certainly an unexpected Christmas bonus.

Fury Usyk apparently announced the day after too for 17/02/24.

edit- just saw Dan Rafael's tweet of the invite to the the conference tomorrow- 23/12 is a Queensbury show. DAZN are really rolling the dice with AJ, what if Wallin beats him?

Also, Bivol is fighting Lyndon Arthur now, not Rivera.

Edited by Stortz

11 hours ago, Stortz said:

Loads of big announcements in the next couple of days.

Deontay Wilder is in London for the presser for this card tomorrow:

Interested to see who gets the broadcast in the UK- I thought Riyadh Season was exclusive to Queensbury and TNT, but I'm not sure DAZN would want Joshua on there given their contract. Could be a joint one I guess. It's certainly an unexpected Christmas bonus.

Fury Usyk apparently announced the day after too for 17/02/24.

edit- just saw Dan Rafael's tweet of the invite to the the conference tomorrow- 23/12 is a Queensbury show. DAZN are really rolling the dice with AJ, what if Wallin beats him?

Also, Bivol is fighting Lyndon Arthur now, not Rivera.

Wallin has only ever fought one decent fighter and Parker is second rate. Doubt this will create much interest.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Wallin has only ever fought one decent fighter and Parker is second rate. Doubt this will create much interest.

Disagree mate, this card will do serious numbers, even with only 5 weeks of build up.

Wallin and Parker are decent enough fighters to marinate a Joshua Wilder fight next year.

Wallin's style is all wrong for AJ imo, especially as he's apparently got Boxercise Ben in his corner for this one rather than Derrick James. Madness.

And how could you not want to see the return of the human pharmacy when Dubois fights Big Baby?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Disagree mate, this card will do serious numbers, even with only 5 weeks of build up.

Wallin and Parker are decent enough fighters to marinate a Joshua Wilder fight next year.

Wallin's style is all wrong for AJ imo, especially as he's apparently got Boxercise Ben in his corner for this one rather than Derrick James. Madness.

And how could you not want to see the return of the human pharmacy when Dubois fights Big Baby?!

I didn't see that one!