IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I haven't no, I'll have a look though, ta.

Dark Trade is from the nineties and features Tyson, Ali, Bruno,Eubank, Benn, Watson, ODLH, Naz and prominently James Toney, it's really great.

A Man's World is about Emile Griffith, the flamboyantly gay 60s boxer who killed Benny Paret in the ring.

Edited by Stortz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Dark Trade is from the nineties and features Tyson, Ali, Bruno,Eubank, Benn, Watson, ODLH, Naz and prominently James Toney, it's really great.

A Man's World is about Emile Griffith, the flamboyantly gay 60s boxer who killed Benny Paret in the ring.

Ah, both sound interesting. Cheers Stortz.

Just now, Super said:

Both bang average.

In all fairness I thought Hughie looked a different class to Sexton. His footwork was excellent and he looked a lot more aggresive than in his last few fights.

Possibly his best performance, albeit against limited opposition.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

He’s just on a different level. Showed he’s got a chin too. Mikey would be too much a jump at 140. 135lb is his limit.

Looks like Garcia v Easter and then Lomo v Beltran.  Massive undisputed fight around Xmas for the winners. Oh yes. 

Absolutely stunning. He just moved up another gear in the tenth- after getting up off the canvas too. What a body shot. I agree though, that's as big as he can go.

We have to start talking about Loma in terms of the best boxers ever now imo- and after 12 pro fights! It's a bit like Messi in football, we're just lucky to be watching this level of boxing.

51 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely stunning. He just moved up another gear in the tenth- after getting up off the canvas too. What a body shot. I agree though, that's as big as he can go.

We have to start talking about Loma in terms of the best boxers ever now imo- and after 12 pro fights! It's a bit like Messi in football, we're just lucky to be watching this level of boxing.

Wow steady! Can he do it on a tuesday night at whitchurch sports centre?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Super said:

Warrington V Selby sat night then and endless Leeds United chants! Please tell me Selby will win this fight?!

Selby will win this fight.

Warrington has little power and Selby is by a country mile the superior boxer. It might be an unedifying spectacle though tbh.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stortz said:

Selby will win this fight.

Warrington has little power and Selby is by a country mile the superior boxer. It might be an unedifying spectacle though tbh.

Actually going to this, living up North. Never been to a ‘live’ boxing event previously.

Agree, watched Josh a few times and not sure he has the power or skill to beat Selby. Think it may be more interesting in the stands. Heard several rumours that a number of Welsh clubs are bringing numbers up, on the basis likely to be less police presence than for Leeds v Cardiff for instance 

Edited by daored

2 hours ago, daored said:

Actually going to this, living up North. Never been to a ‘live’ boxing event previously.

Agree, watched Josh a few times and not sure he has the power or skill to beat Selby. Think it may be more interesting in the stands. Heard several rumours that a number of Welsh clubs are bringing numbers up, on the basis likely to be less police presence than for Leeds v Cardiff for instance 

Yes, I have heard a lot of similar chat to this effect. I wouldn't fancy being a steward/ security up there on Saturday haha.

Hope you have a good night mate.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:18, Stortz said:

13 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great article on BBC highlighting just how good he is.  His foot movement , I just don’t think I’ve seen anyone come close to it.

Was speaking to a bloke on my missus' side of the family last summer who is a boxing coach over in the south east and we had a good chat about boxing. He said he was already teaching the kids he coached about Loma and specifically a left hand shot from memory?? He was raving about the angles he throws his shots from and the fact they're already using him as an example to teach kids is testament to how good he is!

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was speaking to a bloke on my missus' side of the family last summer who is a boxing coach over in the south east and we had a good chat about boxing. He said he was already teaching the kids he coached about Loma and specifically a left hand shot from memory?? He was raving about the angles he throws his shots from and the fact they're already using him as an example to teach kids is testament to how good he is!

Coincidently, the Guardian linked some great takes on his style earlier, well worth a watch:

About the footwork here @Tomarse: