IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No what happened 

The Irish guy quit before the start of the 5th I think it was. Eubank went into his "I'd rather die than quit" mode in the interview after, accused the other guy of faking injury. The Irish lad said he'd injured his shoulder earlier in the week, they started arguing and he offered Eubank out with "My one arm". Had to be dragged away. 

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

The Irish guy quit before the start of the 5th I think it was. Eubank went into his "I'd rather die than quit" mode in the interview after, accused the other guy of faking injury. The Irish lad said he'd injured his shoulder earlier in the week, they started arguing and he offered Eubank out with "My one arm". Had to be dragged away. 

Evening OV. Eubank had previous with Spike O'Sullivan calling him every name under the sun including  coward only to quit in his feet when it became a bit difficult, probably sick of gobs****s.. 

Just saw the finish. Surely something there's wrong with Groves injury wise? In fairness he looked like he might have keeled over at the weigh in.

Big up Mundo, I always highly rated the lad but still wonder if a fully fit Groves may have been a bit too wiley for him.

edit: full fight for fellow shit football attenders:

edit 2, the initial left hook got Groves flush on the temple, his legs went out from under him.

Edited by Stortz

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening OV. Eubank had previous with Spike O'Sullivan calling him every name under the sun including  coward only to quit in his feet when it became a bit difficult, probably sick of gobs****s.. 

Yeah possibly, I just can't stand Eubank Jr, takes himself way too seriously. Thought he was going to start talking about the warriors code after the fight.

Look at the difference with Callum Smith tonight, spoke very respectfully about Groves afterwards. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Just saw the finish. Surely something there's wrong with Groves injury wise? In fairness he looked like he might have keeled over at the weigh in.

Big up Mundo, I always highly rated the lad but still wonder if a fully fit Groves may have been a bit too wiley for him.

edit: full fight for fellow shit football attenders:

edit 2, the initial left hook got Groves flush on the temple, his legs went out from under him.

Smith hurt him all night,it was the body punch that groves thought sod this

I'm not saying Groves quit but he looked like he possibly could have fought on.

I'm just wondering about his mental state after causing such damage to Eduard gutnecht, surely it must play on you're mind when he's in there and on the receiving end.

Now he's a young dad and achieved all he has maybe it's best to call it a day with his health intact. 

24 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I'm not saying Groves quit but he looked like he possibly could have fought on.

I'm just wondering about his mental state after causing such damage to Eduard gutnecht, surely it must play on you're mind when he's in there and on the receiving end.

Now he's a young dad and achieved all he has maybe it's best to call it a day with his health intact. 

Groves looked like a ghost before the fight, the difference between them was marked. I hope he calls it a day now, because he has been a credit to himself in his career thus far.

Don't know about using the q word though mate.

51 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Is he wheeling Kalle’s box of beak under the trophy? 

In the immortal words of Mike Skinner 'that ain't a deal, it's a shipment' haha.

• Like 1

I also love a boxing book @Dylan! A few of my favourites:

'Dark Trade' by Donald McRae featuring Tyson, ODLH, Holyfield, Roy Jones Jnr, James Toney, Bruno and Naz is the best book written on boxing imo. His biography of Emile Griffith 'A Man's World' is fantastic too.

I love 'War Baby' by Kevin Mitchell on Benn v McClellan and 'Unforgivable Blackness' which is Geoffrey Ward's biography of Jack Johnson.

'Four Kings' by George Kimball about the shoot out between Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard is great.

I recently read 'The Road to Nowhere' by Tris Dixon and that's a top read; it's about semi forgotten and cult hero American boxers like Buster Douglas, Gene Fullmer and Micky Ward.

Prose wise 'The Fight' by Norman Mailer is a classic too.

Edited by Stortz

21 minutes ago, Stortz said:

'Dark Trade' by Donald McRae featuring Tyson, ODLH, Holyfield, Roy Jones Jnr, James Toney, Bruno and Naz is the best book written on boxing imo. His biography of Emile Griffith 'A Man's World' is fantastic too.

I love 'War Baby' by Kevin Mitchell on Benn v McClellan and 'Unforgivable Blackness' which is Geoffrey Ward's biography of Jack Johnson.

'Four Kings' by George Kimball about the shoot out between Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard is great.

I recently read 'The Road to Nowhere' by Tris Dixon and that's a top read; it's about semi forgotten and cult hero American boxers like Buster Douglas, Gene Fullmer and Micky Ward.

Prose wise 'The Fight' by Norman Mailer is a classic I ag

22 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Prose wise 'The Fight' by Norman Mailer is a classic too.

I agree Stortz, Dark trade is a must for every fight fan I think, a brilliant book. I've got his new one a man's world just can't get into it at the moment.

War baby was good too, the G man has always intrigued me.

I shall bare the other two in mind especially as I've read all the four kings autobiographys,  bar Hagler, who's up there with the best fighters ever Imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Wtaf is going on here

Canelo v ...Rocky Fielding

I had to read it 3 times and then check it wasn’t a fake account when I seen it on my timeline! Didn’t see that coming, fair play to him though. He won me some money in his last fight, don’t think I’ll be betting on him for this one though!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I had to read it 3 times and then check it wasn’t a fake account when I seen it on my timeline! Didn’t see that coming, fair play to him though. He won me some money in his last fight, don’t think I’ll be betting on him for this one though!

Eddie is pissing himself, getting Canelo on DAZN for Rocky's tin WBA bauble.

You can see why Canelo's dipping a toe in though, there are some seriously big fights for him at SM if he can cope with the rise in weight. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Perfect for canelo,stepping up against a man who doesn’t carry power,good choice 

I thought Rocky was a bit of a puncher. 

I thought Ryder was unlucky not to get the decision against fielding  or maybe my judgement was clouded by the wager I had on it .

Obviously not in Canelos  league though

9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I thought Rocky was a bit of a puncher. 

I thought Ryder was unlucky not to get the decision against fielding  or maybe my judgement was clouded by the wager I had on it .

Obviously not in Canelos  league though

He definitely isn’t a puncher mate,good pay day for the lad so can’t begrudge him it