IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

9 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Can't see Fury or AJ losing any sleep.. 

Despite his incredible ring iq, he doesn't have enough power at HW to trouble the top guys. He caught Del flush and timed him perfectly a few times but Chisora wasn't bothered at all.

Usyk by a mile imo.

Good cards, 116-112 for me.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

Easy for Usyk really. He often starts slowly, I think this is deliberate, to feel his opponent out, judge their range and aggression.

Chisora just swinging in hope and occasionally trying to wear him down in the clinch. Of course Haye, Hearn and Bellew made a case for Chisora winning the fight. Random aggression doesn’t mean someones boxing well. Usyk too fit, too accurate and incredible movement.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

Really horrible atmosphere I thought. Hearing bellew, Haye etc all shouting for Del Boy just felt like a school playground fight. Glad Usyk won and him and his team have shown a lot of class. Think fury will be too big and too clever for him, I don’t think AJ has the same chin as Del Boy so that fight could be a lot closer than people think 

29 minutes ago, Danwal said:

Really horrible atmosphere I thought. Hearing bellew, Haye etc all shouting for Del Boy just felt like a school playground fight. Glad Usyk won and him and his team have shown a lot of class. Think fury will be too big and too clever for him, I don’t think AJ has the same chin as Del Boy so that fight could be a lot closer than people think 

I’m not sure about this chin talk of AJ, he’s been banged pretty hard and got up off the floor. When your caught your caught, Fury got put on his ass by Steve Cunningham for example 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I’m not sure about this chin talk of AJ, he’s been banged pretty hard and got up off the floor. When your caught your caught, Fury got put on his ass by Steve Cunningham for example 

The Fury example is interesting - watching that back, it was a flash knockdown really because he was off balance. Also, as a young fighter, he was quite sloppy and used to come forward far more for a brawl. Depends how you define ‘chin’ too - because Fury wasn’t KO’d and won the fight. Chin, to me, impacts their ability to finish the fight.

He still cites Cunningham as his hardest opponent.

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Fury is chinny at all to be honest. That shot from what I remember he didn't see and was an overhand right with all Cunningham's body weight into it. Yep, a cruiserweight, but it was right on the button and I think many would struggle to stay up, especially if not seeing the shot. He went down hard but recovered and went on to win the fight.

I agree on AJ. To take the Klitschko shots when he was absolutely shattered took some chin. To get up too from that heavy shot took some chin too.

The Ruiz shot he never recovered from. I am not exactly an AJ fan so no reason for me to make up excuses for him, but something wasn't right going into that fight imo.

Even the Whyte fight he took that huge left hook and recovered. Was absolutely shattered too by that point and had punched himself out. Threw so many in those first 2 rounds.

I am not sure AJ has the best chin, but blimey he's taken some big shots well so far.

Completely agree.

AJ vs Klitschko was a great fight and win for AJ, but would’ve put plenty of miles on the clock. Such a shame that AJ vs Fury won’t be in front of 80/90k at Wembley.

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

I don't think either Fury or AJ are massively chinny but heck its Heavyweight Boxing. If you get one flush then chances are its going to hurt.  That's why we love the division more than any other (in some aspects..!)

True. I think both are fairly durable really - especially Fury.

Against Ruiz, Joshua caught a blow to the ear during that first knockdown which messed up his equilibrium. That partly explains that performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Would be a dangerous one to take with AJ potentially lined up for next year.  But it would certainly be a test, I think he'd easily win on points. 

It’s a huge risk for Fury, and Whyte will be hungry after his last fight. Can only see Fury having a easy fight - Warren mentioned a name the other day and said had 24 hours to sign contract