IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Hmm I'd have said surely its Khan inside 4.. if it goes much longer than that it'll be Kell by KO

Like I said mate, I have been wrong quite a few times in the past..?

If I remember rightly Freddy Roaches parting shot to Khan was "You can't train a chin.." 

I think he'll be on his bike early, we'll see..

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Evening all.  6 hours of free food and drink at AG. Not sure I’m going to last the whole card without passing out but here we go.. 

Haha at least it's not in Vegas, you'd be needing Kalle's boy!

Not much on the undercard to keep you riveted either. I'm interested to see Frazer Clarke's pro debut and Natasha Jonas is always in decent fights, but that's it imo.

I've suddenly become quite excited about this fight after all my previous moaning about it haha.

Edited by Stortz

5 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

So what do people think? I think Khan will take some beating. He won’t want to finish his career with a loss to Brook. Brooks recent eye injuries might have an effect on him. I’m going Khan by stoppage in round 8.

Evening, I just think Khan's chin is there to be hit, Brook in 4-5...

15 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

So what do people think? I think Khan will take some beating. He won’t want to finish his career with a loss to Brook. Brooks recent eye injuries might have an effect on him. I’m going Khan by stoppage in round 8.

Both in the heyday Brook beats khan 9 out of 10,now it’s a 50/50

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I think rust may be an issue for Khan. He's a boxer who relies on speed who hasn't fought for 2 and a half years.

Brook had had his orbital issues, but he's never been given a real beating or knocked out anything like as badly as Amir.

I said in a post the other day, it's just who has the most left. I really, really want Kell to win but it's hard to pick.

edit- I'll go Brook by ko in the championship rounds.

Edited by Stortz

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Can't be bothered with the dodgy streams cutting out tonight, so going to settle for listening on Talksport.

Really tough to call the winner, I've thought Khan throughout the build up bur have started to lean towards Kell this week. I just can't decide either way,

Obviously hoping Kell knocks him out.

Evening Owl, hope you're good!

You really aren't missing much thus far, the undercard is truly abysmal.

Amen to your final line. Khan will be truly insufferable if he wins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Jesus, did they find Darnell in a nearby kebab house earlier this evening?

Just read on the BBC that he asked his Manager of he could get a ticket on Wednesday, The Manager phoned him Thursday and said, "i got you a ticket but you have to fight Clark" ! :)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Just read on the BBC that he asked his Manager of he could get a ticket on Wednesday, The Manager phoned him Thursday and said, "i got you a ticket but you have to fight Clark" ! :)

Haha, just read similar, I take my kebab slur back:

'JAKE DARNELL only agreed to fight Frazer Clarke tonight so he could bag a ticket for Amir Khan's grudge match with Kell Brook.

The Blackpool banger pleaded with his manager this week to score him a seat for the long-awaited domestic dust-up.

Darnell's diligent manager came up with the goods, but there was an 18-stone catch that came with it.

He told iFL TV: “I was at the [Amir Khan vs Kell Brook] public workout on Wednesday, asked my manager, ‘Can you get a ticket?’

"Got a call Thursday, ‘I’ve got you a ticket, but you’ve gotta fight Frazer.’"

Many would've hesitated to take on Tokyo 2020 bronze medallist Clarke on short notice, but not Darnell.

He continued: "I’m like, ‘Let’s go and have it.’”

He later added: I work with kids in care. I took one of the kids down, he’s just started boxing himself.

“He wanted to go and watch them, see all the famous boxers.

“I was like, ‘Yeah let’s go.’ I was down there watching, tried to get myself a ticket, couldn’t get one.

“Phone call 24 hours later, ‘You can come, but you’ve gotta fight.'”

Darnell has been tasked with the job of welcoming Burton bruiser Clarke to the professional ranks.

And he's under no illusions of the size of the job on his hands.

He said: “It’s a big ask, everyone knows it’s a big ask, but why would you say no?

“It’s the opportunity of a lifetime.

“Just to be around everyone is a dream to me.

“To get in the ring and fight on this stage, it’s unbelievable. My mates don’t even believe me.

“Nothing to lose, let’s have a go with him, maybe cause an upset.” '

• Like 2