IGNORED

London Welsh Vs Bristol Rugby

Barrs Court Red

It's on Sky Sports at 3 if anyone is interested.

Bristol lost their first game of the season against Bedford, while Welsh recorded a narrow win at Doncaster.

It would be interesting to know the last time Bristol lost two games on the bounce, as that is a realistic possibility today.

Henson is back in the side after making appearance from the Bench last week, this after breaking his leg against Worcester in the play offs.

Bristol looked great going forward at times (Tovey's brainfart which prevented the bonus point try coming much earlier aside) but Welsh made a lot of line breaks in the second half, some of the tackling was downright poor. It was desperately poor from Tovey to flop on the ball (after making a great tackle) and get himself binned. That put the game in the balance. But for a superb try saving tackle from Varndell and a knock-on it could have cost Bristol a game that they ended up winning comfortably. Poor decision making.

That said, they got the bonus point in the end and it would have been even more convincing but for those moments of madness. It was pleasing how almost everyone was getting over the gain line in the second half, and how well the scrum and lineout went.

Same old Bristol really: good going forward and dodgy at the back.

But if Welsh are the best that league has to offer this season then I'm quietly confident Bristol will finally win promotion this time around. As Ryan Jones pointed out at the end Bristol have far better strength and depth. I think losing the first game could've been good for Bristol and they will only get better from here.

As long as Bristol ensure they make that play-off final they might of course go up no matter what if the 14 team Premiership expansion happens...

Same old Bristol really: good going forward and dodgy at the back.

But if Welsh are the best that league has to offer this season then I'm quietly confident Bristol will finally win promotion this time around. As Ryan Jones pointed out at the end Bristol have far better strength and depth. I think losing the first game could've been good for Bristol and they will only get better from here.

As long as Bristol ensure they make that play-off final they might of course go up no matter what if the 14 team Premiership expansion happens...

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front. My understanding was that Bristol, Worcester and Leeds were likely to be involved in any expansion of the Premiership, regardless of league positions?

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front. My understanding was that Bristol, Worcester and Leeds were likely to be involved in any expansion of the Premiership, regardless of league positions?

There is a new TV deal looming so I expect we might hear more when that comes to fruition (expect BT Shite to win it, paying way over the odds and then bumping up everyones line rental to fund it again) Both Bristol & Leeds (along with Worcs) are all shareholders so you'd imagine that to be the case.  I do agree this is Bristol's best chance to go up regardless, Welsh are not as strong as 2 years ago and there is little else to bother them. It'll be if they can keep their nerve once again (or not..)

Says that the breach doesn't relate to last season, so does this means Sarries & Barf (and lets not pretend it isn't them) could be under investigation for that too?

£10 per £ over the limit is nothing, their owners will pay that off in a heartbeat. However much over they were should be the amount that is taken off their limit for this season as well. But I'm sure they will wriggle their way out of it

Archived