IGNORED

Megastore

Champion Dung Spreader

At the risk of sounding like Hopesy, I hope that the range of goods in the Megastore will increase. In particular, I need a new Bristol City towel. I've been using the same City towel for over 20 years (yes it has been washed). It is getting frayed and faded, but is still in one piece. I haven't seen them sold in the shop for years.

To paraphrase Douglas Adams (Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy):

A City towel is just about the most useful thing a City fan can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can display it by hanging it to dry on your tent guy ropes when camping - it initiates conversations - a great way to meet people (brings back memories of many camping trips to the South of France). You can place it on the beach at 7 am to get an advantage over the owners of Bundesliga towels. You can wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat. You can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

If anyone else still has a City towel, then maybe we should post photos to show how they are faring. If anyone from the commercial dept is reading, then please order some towels for the Megastore.

My friend works in the shop and he said that all that stuff will be in soon, he said they have struggled with space to put excess stock and therefore haven't ordered that sort of stuff but with the south stand basically complete it should be in the next month or so.

You mean just after the expiry date on everyone's voucher!?!?

Was just in the shop and it is expanding slightly toward the back. Also as i predicted it will be open plan with links to the coffee shop and Sports bar. They've started doing this and along with some Rugby gear there is slowly more on offer for the deserving City fan. I'm more confident now that it will look better than the self storage unit it looked like recently.

Archived