IGNORED

Agent Sexstone

The Gasbuster

"Sexstone; this is your most important mission to date. You are required to infiltrate the leadership of Spectre (the 15ers' Board of Directors); and bring down the whole rotten organisation from the inside.

We understand they have (yet another) plan to construct a new base on the outskirts of the city, and bring yet more misery to the people of Bristol. From this base they intend to inflict more torture upon innocent civilians by subjecting them to dreadful "football", plan to attack more horses  and opposition players, hurl racist abuse at players, and subject young kids to horrific ordeals, such as Santa's Grotto.

Your job is to stop this nightmare dead in it's tracks. With this increased responsibility, you are hereby promoted to "00" status, and are licensed to kill.

Good luck agent Sexstone, the City of Bristol, and perhaps the whole world, is depending upon you."

I don't think that's fair.  

why not?  As very well paid CEO the buck lies with him he ultimately paid for it by losing his job. I'm sure if you spoke to him they're would be many many things he would have done differently with hindsight.

The volume of engagement with the local cummunity was woefully inadequate for a development of the size of Ashton Vale.

The volume of engagement with the local cummunity was woefully inadequate for a development of the size of Ashton Vale.

not sure how this would have made a difference.

The NIMBY BANANA dog walking mafiosi that opposed this did not strike me as the type open to engagement and compromise. Nor were they universally 'local'.

Surely the foul up with AV was at the initial purchase stage and a simple analysis, similar to STEEP, would have highlighted the likelihood of a Town Green application and if identified maybe immediate action could have been taken that would have negated the 20 year rule.

Whoever was responsible for this, either the purchase advisors or someone at the club not treating information seriously, caused the club and SL, if it was not him, a lot of wasted time and money.

Surely the foul up with AV was at the initial purchase stage and a simple analysis, similar to STEEP, would have highlighted the likelihood of a Town Green application and if identified maybe immediate action could have been taken that would have negated the 20 year rule.

Whoever was responsible for this, either the purchase advisors or someone at the club not treating information seriously, caused the club and SL, if it was not him, a lot of wasted time and money.

I certainly agree with this: it should not have been too difficult to remove the possibility of TVG before anyone became aware of what was going on and what the intended use of the site was.

I do have some sympathy because then on the flip side it seems very perverse to register as a TVG in spite of the use as a landfill. I can see why someone at the club may have thought TVG was a low risk challenge.... and even though it was a successful challenge that might not have been unreasonable assessment.

However from afar it certainly does look like the club wasn't prepared for this challenge and didn't really consider the risk of it. The way evidence was being collected and taken late in the day, that fans were helping out with Environment Agency documents, and some of the other actions makes me suspicious that it might simply have been a bit of shambles.

why not?  As very well paid CEO the buck lies with him he ultimately paid for it by losing his job. I'm sure if you spoke to him they're would be many many things he would have done differently with hindsight.

He did wind up the locals a treat which hardly helped our cause. Sexy certainly speaks his mind.

He'll be a busy boy at Rovers, lots in the pipeline.

Archived