IGNORED

Frankie helping JK…

exAtyeoMax

Must admit this made me laugh. The thought of learning English from Frankie would be a challenge to anyone outside Blackburn never mind a Frenchman! He is absolutely barmy! Frankie sounds lovely though, so glad he turned things around after a rubbish start here. I'm loving Kodjia more and more too, going to be a fans favourite for sure.

Does this disprove the rumour that an interpreter had been employed by city then? You would have thought it would've been a good idea (yes for JK not FF before someone asks).

I wouldn't have thought he'd be rooming with them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had, but pillow talk or the training ground is probably not the place. Maybe to help him day to day. 

My opinion is that a translator is not the best way anyway. Getting lessons sure, and in the first few weeks sure to help integrate, but after that I think the challenge of having to apply lessons is the quickest way to learn.

Strange, my Dad (who's fluent in french) asked David Lloyd about Kodjia and whether he needed someone, who spoke french and who knew about Bristol and the french "scene", to help him out but DL said JK has a mate who he's brought over with him to help him out. No mention of him which is a tad strange.

Do we actually know how much English he speaks anyway. At his age even if he didn't go on to study English in depth at school he would have been taught some English almost certainly. Obviously the 'Hello my name is' type English is very different to everyday stuff though, but I doubt if his understanding is that basic, maybe the confidence to speak another language is another thing though.

Archived